autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats your "Go To" Polish?

Quote Originally Posted by wn1998 View Post
    I currently have a Griots 6" DA with a 5 inch backing plate. I'm looking for a polish that I can use for the following.

1. Swirl Removal and minor defect.
    2. Gloss Enhancement
    3. Easy to remove
    4. One step, no additional polishing needed
    5. Finishes great with Orange light cutting pad

I have been using HD adapt and although it was a pain to remove, its being discontinued so I need something else. This will be used primaily on "daily drivers" that was to clean up the paint a bit and increase gloss.
    For Polish I really like HDAdapt with an orange pad. I also love and use Meg's Ultimate Polish. For German Paints it just seems Menzerna SF4000 is awesome. Not sure I have any "one" that I use on everything. I usually test or note in my book what works well on cars as I go through doing them. Any areas of polish that are more difficult to remove, I just use a MF Towel and a small bucket of Uber Rinseless and wipe it off. Zero issues.

I would suggest that if you have areas that are difficult to remove to verify you've actually removed all the contaminants. I will say that on cars where I've clay/nanoskinned AND Chemically decontaminated the paint, I have no issues removing Adapt when used in right amounts. Swap Pads after two panels and do the above and I would be surprised if you have trouble.

AIO Wise, hands down HDSpeed. I only do this work on the side so 1 car per week, sometimes 2 and 90% of what I target is HDSpeed AIO applications.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IME Megs M205 has earned so many cool points that's it's going to be tough to ever be knocked off the pedestal.

Lately I've been giving both Essence and Griots Boss Perfecting Cream every chance in the world to earn some cool points or have that great revealing moment of greatness where I finally see the light and experience the a little piece of the "hype" [for lack of a better word] but that has yet to happen, and I've pretty much given up all hope that it ever will. [that's mostly aimed towards Essence]

And the Perfecting Cream has yet to darken any paint, provide any significant extra gloss, or anything of note other than smell great.

If there was a detailing Hall of Fame, M205 would be a 1st ballot HOF product that all others would be judged against. Other than not smelling as good as Ultimate Polish, it's perfect.
    So true.

Ultimate Polish does smell fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish+ is my go to polish. HD Speed is my 2nd choice but I still top it with Poxy or Nitro Seal. Over the last couple years I have really dialed in my process with HD Polish and transformed some paint in ways that you would think a two step process was used. Mike Phillips has a very famous quote that you will see very often - "Find something you like and use it often".

Now I have had a few friends recommend the new Grito's BOSS polish system so during my off season I will play around with different techniques.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    So true.

I've never put my finger on what it supposed to smell like either... It's not a fruit. It's got that strange Elmers glue sort of appeal that you can't help but be curious about back in kindergarden. Lol.
    Except Ultimate Polish smells better than Elmers glue.. Best way I can decribe it would maybe be flavorless gum before it gets processed. Or maybe it smells like cyan blue if cyan blue was a scent. I dunno, but it definitely smells like detailing goodness.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyper Polish and M205.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I've never put my finger on what it supposed to smell like either... It's not a fruit. It's got that strange Elmers glue sort of appeal that you can't help but be curious about back in kindergarden. Lol.
    Except Ultimate Polish smells better than Elmers glue.. Best way I can decribe it would maybe be flavorless gum before it gets processed. Or maybe it smells like cyan blue if cyan blue was a scent. I dunno, but it definitely smells like detailing goodness.
    It reminds me of Meguiar's #6 which smells the same since the late 80's when I started using it. It has a Banana(y) smell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    HD Polish+ is my go to polish. HD Speed is my 2nd choice but I still top it with Poxy or Nitro Seal. Over the last couple years I have really dialed in my process with HD Polish and transformed some paint in ways that you would think a two step process was used. Mike Phillips has a very famous quote that you will see very often - "Find something you like and use it often".

Now I have had a few friends recommend the new Grito's BOSS polish system so during my off season I will play around with different techniques.
    Ive been using HD polish for a while now and it is awesome. Ive found it finishes down perfect even on the softest paint known to man the "Harley Vivid Black". Only polish I have found that my bikes paint likes. Wish it had just a little more cut though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    It reminds me of Meguiar's #6 which smells the same since the late 80's when I started using it. It has a Banana(y) smell
    No no... I'll try to unsee what I just read... Don't say banana dude. Banana flavor sucks. Every single thing banana is the worst. Banana yellow 1976 Cadillac Sedan Deville? Yuck. The list of yellow banana products and scents is the worst of all things on earth. Ultimate Polish cannot be banana. It just can't. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I might catch some flak for this but I like using chemical guys v32 with orange pad on a pc DA. 4 passes with some light pressure and 2 or 3 more on a slower setting and I find it finishes off pretty much lsp ready. It also doesn't dust much at all and it smells nicely of oranges. I don't like the other v line of polishes but v32 is pretty great for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am very fond of Griot's Correcting Cream (my fav) but also have lots of XMT 1- 3 that I use and like.

ScottH

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast