autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on rattling GG6 polisher

I'm posting this so if anyone has the same rattle I had they will know it is NOT normal. I emailed Griots the video and they did confirm that it should not be making the noise I was talking about. I also want to say they seem like a good company and were willing to replace it. I do feel better that I wasn't being paranoid, I am not sure if I want a replacement or just a different tool altogether. Thanks for the help and here's what Griots said to me:

"Hello (My Name),

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot's Garage.

The rattle in your orbital isn't normal. If you purchased it elsewhere, we recommend you contact the original point-of-sale vendor to seek a refund or replacement. We have a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects, so if you bought it directly from us or you wish to just go ahead and send it in to us for repair or replacement, just fill out the Return Form attached in this email. Please allow our warehouse about 1-3 days to process once it's been received."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update on rattling GG6 polisher

Griots customer service is outstanding. Their statement "f you purchased it elsewhere, we recommend you contact the original point-of-sale vendor to seek a refund or replacement" is exactly why I purchased it directly from them. They will take care of this

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you purchased it elsewhere, you should be able to get a replacement unit directly from them due to their lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    Even if you purchased it elsewhere, you should be able to get a replacement unit directly from them due to their lifetime warranty.
    Very true....just did not want to deal with a third party in the event I had a warranty issue

Post Thanks / Like

For future reference, if one purchased a Polisher from AG like I did, should I go to AG with any issues or directly to Griots?

I couldn't quite tell from the info above. It sounded like either route would work?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    For future reference, if one purchased a Polisher from AG like I did, should I go to AG with any issues or directly to Griots?

I couldn't quite tell from the info above. It sounded like either route would work?
    Pretty sure you're safe with either route in this case, both take care of their customers.

Post Thanks / Like

kind of confused.I just purchased the gg6 from amazon. If i do have a problem with it in the future, does griots honor the lifetime warranty even if it was purchased from amazon??

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, they said "repair or replacement". So if that is true, who or what does a repair of these Units? LOL

I of course can gather the answer to such is nobody.

I've asked them once for the heck of it some time back if they had something as simple as replacement brushes for a GG3, and they said nope.

I figure they repair nothing, only replace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnamara View Post
    kind of confused.I just purchased the gg6 from amazon. If i do have a problem with it in the future, does griots honor the lifetime warranty even if it was purchased from amazon??
    yes....but you have to begin the process with Amazon

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 experiences with Griots was great. One I purchased 2nd hand and they still honored. I would only contact them directly. No need to go through Amazon or AG unless that is what you prefer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast