autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holy Griot's BOSS G21 fail

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I wonder what Griots would do if one of their machines grenaded and a car like this classic was damaged?

Has anyone seen this happen with a Rupes machine? I don't think I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Seems to have happened recently with the new Flex DA.

Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    Do you work for griots?
    nope. i believe in their products and most importantly they back them up with top-notch no nonsense responsive customer service. can't say that for some other companies...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I wonder what Griots would do if one of their machines grenaded and a car like this classic was damaged?

Has anyone seen this happen with a Rupes machine? I don't think I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    there have been a handful of people in the past who have had issues with shaft breaking off with the PCXP though...

interesting enough and speaking of rupes, i stumbled upon this on YT here's a review (i believe he is a member on here as well) on the new rupes ibrid in which he had some of the same concerns/issues (different rupes polisher though) i had...

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

My G15 did the same thing early this spring while I was working on a custy's vehic. Unit shook, I pulled it off the car then Shrapnel flew everywhere. The car and I were damn lucky. No issues.

GG was involved in the RCA and replacement. I know the tell tale signs, and luckily the replacement has done many vehicles without issue.

All I can say was the signs were telling and obvious, excessive wobble means STOP!!!

Don't know what else to say... Flex, Rupes, all good tools, but the 7424xp is the little steed that saved my day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    My G15 did the same thing early this spring while I was working on a custy's vehic. Unit shook, I pulled it off the car then Shrapnel flew everywhere. The car and I were damn lucky. No issues.

GG was involved in the RCA and replacement. I know the tell tale signs, and luckily the replacement has done many vehicles without issue.

All I can say was the signs were telling and obvious, excessive wobble means STOP!!!

Don't know what else to say... Flex, Rupes, all good tools, but the 7424xp is the little steed that saved my day.
    7424xp saved my hide many times, and made money. That's all I really need to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    unfortunately, there's going to be some issues with any man made product from any company albeit a small percentage but it happens. glad to see that GG took care of you which is no surprise...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    interesting enough and speaking of rupes, i stumbled upon this on YT here's a review (i believe he is a member on here as well) on the new rupes ibrid in which he had some of the same concerns/issues (different rupes polisher though) i had...

His main concerns are the exposed metal on the shaft of the I Brid and the high cost... Which different Rupes polisher did you experience those same issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    His main concerns are the exposed metal on the shaft of the I Brid and the high cost... Which different Rupes polisher did you experience those same issues?
    don't really want to get into the full details...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Griot's BOSS G21 fail

there have been a handful of people in the past who have had issues with shaft breaking off with the PCXP though...

Not sure what issues you had or why you won't mention them...

First, for fair disclosure, let me mention I like the Forensic Detailing guy and his videos...

Ok. Now that's said, how in the world can you review a tool you didn't even use???? He posts that video, and concludes he doesn't like the tool and a few other things:

1. He isn't going to even use the tool - he is going to return it ! How can you review a tool by NOT / NEVER using it ??? It's like I bought new shoes and decided to return them for hurting my feet without ever trying them on.

2. The iBrid is "expensive" (duh?). Well you bought it - didn't you see what it costs?

3. He doesn't like it because the head is metal (duh #2... Couldn't you see that before you bought it?).

4. He doesn't like that Rupes doesn't "explain" the "differences" between the long and short versions (duh #3 - one is long - one is short).... It's like I'm PO'd because nobody at McDonald's could explain the difference between the small and large size French fries.

5. He goes on to complain the machine has a tiny nick or "scratch" in the metal housing. Ok, so nobody wants to buy something new with a nick in it. But, after all - it is a tool. Is this really a deal breaker?

Dunno. Again, I like that guy...I like his videos and his video style. Sorry if I'm coming off harsh against him. I just think THAT video was a waste and a slam of a tool that he DIDN'T EVEN USE.

unfortunately, there's going to be some issues with any man made product from any company albeit a small percentage but it happens. glad to see that GG took care of you which is no surprise...
    Props to Griot's for their excellent warranty and great customer service. But, to say this is acceptable because anything man made can break is a little crazy IMHO.

Some things are made better than others.

Somethings break less than others.

I guess it's up to the consumer to do their research.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123