autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow More Flex XCE 9-8 150 info?

Can anyone provide more information about the new Flex XCE 9-8 150 that was released at SEMA this year? Im specifically interested in what pads will be available/recomended, and if a new revised LC Hybrid pad will be created to accomodate the 5" backing plate this machine is supposedly coming out with (or will the LC interchangable plate system still accomodate this machine)? Everyone who owns a 3401 knows how well the Hybrids work with this tool. I just feel like information was really scarce this year on some of the products that were anounced at SEMA.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More Flex XCE 9-8 150 info?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    Can anyone provide more information about the new Flex XCE 9-8 150 that was released at SEMA this year? Im specifically interested in what pads will be available/recomended, and if a new revised LC Hybrid pad will be created to accomodate the 5" backing plate this machine is supposedly coming out with (or will the LC interchangable plate system still accomodate this machine)? Everyone who owns a 3401 knows how well the Hybrids work with this tool. I just feel like information was really scarce this year on some of the products that were anounced at SEMA.
    Any 5.5" pads will work with the XCE. I was demoing the XCE with Sonax and 3D pads this year at the Sonax booth and at the Flex booth.

The backing plate attachment will be a 3 bolt star pattern instead of the standard 1 large bolt in the middle.

As for and Interchangeable Backing plate for the XCE someone from AG or LC would have to answer that for you as I didn't get a chance to speak to LC this year at SEMA.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Hybrids will continue for the 3401. The XCE and XFE will use the 5.5" LC ThinPro's and B&S Low-Pro's just like all the other free float and long throw DA's.

Mike Phillips

Have you seen this review?

New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

Lots of info and lots of pictures...

There's 80 replies to the thread so that's a pretty good indicator of good discussions taking place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Any 5.5" pads will work with the XCE. I was demoing the XCE with Sonax and 3D pads this year at the Sonax booth and at the Flex booth.

The backing plate attachment will be a 3 bolt star pattern instead of the standard 1 large bolt in the middle.

As for and Interchangeable Backing plate for the XCE someone from AG or LC would have to answer that for you as I didn't get a chance to speak to LC this year at SEMA.
    Thank you Evan, I was hoping you would chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Have you seen this review?

New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

Lots of info and lots of pictures...

There's 80 replies to the thread so that's a pretty good indicator of good discussions taking place.

Yes, I read throught the enire thread but it didnt speak much of the forced rotation XCE only the XFE that you got to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting to get the 3401 but now that the XCE is coming out I'm going to wait to buy it. Hopefully more info will come out in the following months.

Post Thanks / Like

I was also frustrated with the lack of info on this particular product, so I made it a point to head over to the booth and get the info myself. You can check all of it out here: Flex XCE 9-8 150

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    I was also frustrated with the lack of info on this particular product, so I made it a point to head over to the booth and get the info myself. You can check all of it out here: Flex XCE 9-8 150
    Thanks I actually saw your thread and read all of it when you posted it. I appreciated it but still curious about backing plates and pad recomendations for this machine. Ive tried a variety of pads on my 3401 and it does prefer thicker. I used the new megs thin disks and they work ok but really only the burgandy as its stiff. Ive also found that the 3401 likes CarPro Flash Pads.

Did you happen to get any hands on play time with the XCE?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb@ImpeccableImage View Post
    Thanks I actually saw your thread and read all of it when you posted it. I appreciated it but still curious about backing plates and pad recomendations for this machine. Ive tried a variety of pads on my 3401 and it does prefer thicker. I used the new megs thin disks and they work ok but really only the burgandy as its stiff. Ive also found that the 3401 likes CarPro Flash Pads.

Did you happen to get any hands on play time with the XCE?
    Gotcha. So I will say the XCE feels and operates a lot like the 3401. Maybe a tad smoother, but it will be very familiar to anyone with a 3401. In terms of pad recommendations, there just isn't enough exposure of the XCE to figure that out yet. That will all change in February when they start getting into everyones hands. With the limited experience I had with the XCE, my guess is that what pads have worked well with the 3401 will work well with the XCE, but no one will no for sure until they are in the wild.