autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Flex 3401 Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinss View Post
    Been having this issue with mine. TBH my rotary runs cooler, smoother and corrects faster. My just stick with my rotary and pick up a BOSS G21
    There's a lot of things I like about the 3401 and I just want it back running the way it used to. My rotary is heavy and I don't feel like getting a lighter one. I have used it when I need a bear to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    Why don't you take completely apart and clean it so the air flow is not restricted. Ck all the bearings your self if you can feel any thing they are bad.
    With all due respect, I'm good at cleaning things....taking them apart and knowing what to look for? Not so good. I just wished it had been properly fixed the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Richy you are very good at detailing I have been following you on all the forums .. And hay I love your jokes too...

Post Thanks / Like

It has more to do with its design than anything else . Bet that the Flexes run hot , too hot , not good for the electric motor in there .

When did you got it mate !
    05 M/T SER Altima . NismoOBXDynomax exh .RL FSTB&BTD, H&R Springs & Triple C Bolt, RLRShifterBushing, EBC Ft/Rr Pads/Rotors, Synto/Wix Filter, RP MaxATF PS, Motul BF/C, Pennzoil Gear Oil ,Wix cab filter, Interstate, Michelin Pilot A/S+

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    Richy you are very good at detailing I have been following you on all the forums .. And hay I love your jokes too...
    Thanks very much. Glad you enjoy my sick sense of humour too! (although for that you need to go to L2D)

Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    It has more to do with its design than anything else . Bet that the Flexes run hot , too hot , not good for the electric motor in there .

When did you got it mate !
    I got it maybe 3 years ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like perhaps the gearset needs some lube. If I recall correctly when the 3401 first hit the market here some of the early ones didn't have any lube on the bevel gears, and everyone was taking theirs apart to check.

Perhaps due to the heavy use yours gets the lube has been dispersed and needs to be repacked. I don't remember how hard it was to get to...and I can't really find anything...maybe it was the needle bearing in this thread: Autopia Forum - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

There was also this one that linked some other threads but they didn't seem to be much help: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...xc-3401-a.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sounds like perhaps the gearset needs some lube. If I recall correctly when the 3401 first hit the market here some of the early ones didn't have any lube on the bevel gears, and everyone was taking theirs apart to check.

Perhaps due to the heavy use yours gets the lube has been dispersed and needs to be repacked. I don't remember how hard it was to get to...and I can't really find anything...maybe it was the needle bearing in this thread: Autopia Forum - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

There was also this one that linked some other threads but they didn't seem to be much help: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...xc-3401-a.html
    Thanks so much for posting those links. I need to disassemble mine and grease it by the sounds of it. I just wish someone had put up pics or done a video of it. I don't mind doing a job like that if I've got step by step instructions with pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    That's why I have switched to my Rupes with the TB pad for corrections.
    How does the Rupes cut with the tuff buff pads?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E92M3_Mark View Post
    How does the Rupes cut with the tuff buff pads?
    Mark, sorry for the delay in answering. I prefer the Flex but it is OK. The Rupes still cuts better with the TB than with a mf pad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12