autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PE8 Review w/ Pictures of work

Quote Originally Posted by Belphegor View Post
    In general, would a small rotary like this be ideal for headlight and lens restoration? Or would you opt for a 3" DA?

Thanks for the review! Excellent work, good pad/ product selection. This is a good display of skill, sir.
    Absolutely would be great, especially with the 2" pads. This also is a great tool for use on glass polishing too. At 200.00 its is a steal.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review!

Post Thanks / Like

"I was there in Oct and Nov with my Maserati and could not in a 30 mile radius find a self wand car wash."

You're not gonna' find one in Va...........(may have something to do with the environment). You'll have to travel down the Beltway to Md. where you'll find a couple just inside the Beltway. Try Yelp.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post
    "I was there in Oct and Nov with my Maserati and could not in a 30 mile radius find a self wand car wash."

You're not gonna' find one in Va...........(may have something to do with the environment). You'll have to travel down the Beltway to Md. where you'll find a couple just inside the Beltway. Try Yelp.....
    I think I might have found one, 95 east/north just across the Potomac bridge called Sams World or something similar. Its Sams something. I cant find a decent house in Alexandria or within 10 miles south (with a garage) area for less than 2500-4k a month, so probably go with a apt in Alexandria that has a underground garage. Sucks for my OCD but maybe I can find a High End detail shop that could use some help, (in my spare time) and then just try and keep it as clean as I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    I think I might have found one, 95 east/north just across the Potomac bridge called Sams World or something similar. Its Sams something. I cant find a decent house in Alexandria or within 10 miles south (with a garage) area for less than 2500-4k a month, so probably go with a apt in Alexandria that has a underground garage. Sucks for my OCD but maybe I can find a High End detail shop that could use some help, (in my spare time) and then just try and keep it as clean as I can.
    I believe you're speaking of Sam's Carwash. It's across the Woodrow Wilson bridge......take the Rte. 5 (Branch Ave.) exit towards D.C. 5 lights down on the left. They have both full and self service.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, technologically, what is involved in making a tool that will operate at lower RPM's and why FLEX didn't design the PE-8 to go down to 600 RPM like the PE-14?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to modulate the speed of an electrical tool by changing the frequency supplied to its synchronous-motor (if so equipped)...via: Vari-Speed (Range) switches?

What, then, would be the cost differences associated with providing "one range of variabity"...versus that of another?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I wonder, technologically, what is involved in making a tool that will operate at lower RPM's and why FLEX didn't design the PE-8 to go down to 600 RPM like the PE-14?
    Allen,
    I am not sure what RPM the PE-08 is running per setting 1-6. However I would guess that setting 1 is likely 600 or so. Its pretty slow, and 2-3 steps it up decent. Small 1-3" pads I think you need slow to use them. A large 6-7" pad on setting 4-5 is pretty darn fast also. I am sure there is a chart somewhere saying speeds vs rpm's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I wpuld not want the PE8 any slower, Some simple math calculates a 6 1/2" pad spinning at 600 RPM has the same edge speed as a 3" pad spinning at 1300 RPM. 12246 IPM
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    Allen,
    I am not sure what RPM the PE-08 is running per setting 1-6. However I would guess that setting 1 is likely 600 or so. Its pretty slow, and 2-3 steps it up decent. Small 1-3" pads I think you need slow to use them. A large 6-7" pad on setting 4-5 is pretty darn fast also. I am sure there is a chart somewhere saying speeds vs rpm's.
    The minimum speed setting on the PE8 is 1,300 RPM. Maximum is 3,900 RPM

The PE14 will soft start and run at 400 holding the trigger. Runs at 600 RPM with trigger locked and goes up to 2,100 RPM

The Makita will run from 600-3,000 RPM

I wonder why they don't make them all with the ability to run at the wider speed range

Feslopes explanation makes sense, but I have heard that it is difficult to avoid holograms with small pads on a rotary

I will be interested to see a showdown between a PE8 and a "Hernandez Polisher"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast