autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Upcoming flex @ sema

Any word on what the new polisher is, seen a sneak peek on Reny's YouTube channel ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know anything about this, but I checked my crystal ball and tarot cards and both are suggesting a DA with a large throw.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upcoming flex @ sema

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I don't know anything about this, but I checked my crystal ball and tarot cards and both are suggesting a DA with a large throw.
    I hope your ball is correct

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion to Flex is to make slightly more powerful 3401, with a bit more pad rotation at slower speeds.

The front of the new 3401 polisher should be like the PE-14, a kind of 'grab to the head of the polisher' instead of a handle.

Regarding the larger throw, 12mm would be good (in my imagination, I'm not engineer).

Lastly, I suggest to Lake Country to create an Hybrid pad line for the Flex, where the velcro size would fit PERFECTLY the 4 3/8 backing plate, giving the foam side ~5.5" in size, it'll be the best for Hybrid pads, trust me.

Otherwise, I suggest to Flex create a 4" standard original backing plate, and why not, a 3" plate as well for the new polisher.

In advance, if there will be a new Flex with improvements, I'll get one as soon as they release.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    My suggestion to Flex is to make slightly more powerful 3401, with a bit more pad rotation at slower speeds.

The front of the new 3401 polisher should be like the PE-14, a kind of 'grab to the head of the polisher' instead of a handle.

Regarding the larger throw, 12mm would be good (in my imagination, I'm not engineer).

Lastly, I suggest to Lake Country to create an Hybrid pad line for the Flex, where the velcro size would fit PERFECTLY the 4 3/8 backing plate, giving the foam side ~5.5" in size, it'll be the best for Hybrid pads, trust me.

Otherwise, I suggest to Flex create a 4" standard original backing plate, and why not, a 3" plate as well for the new polisher.

In advance, if there will be a new Flex with improvements, I'll get one as soon as they release.

Kind Regards.
    I like the way you think

Post Thanks / Like

if flex comes out with a larger throw DA, then they might as well go all out and be near or around what the rupes has to offer (15mm-21mm+ throw) now to make it worthwhile (the flex 3401 vrg is already a beast in it's own right) or maybe not, who knows. one thing though, the QC i'm sure will be excellent and they most certainly have would have done their research/homework when it gets launched. look forward to seeing whatever it is that they have to introduce...

Post Thanks / Like

Adjustable from forced rotation DA to rotation only and fully adjustable rpm as well as 12mm throw. If Flex made these options a reality, They would corner the market for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me but I would rather see the speed switch on top of the handle on the 3401 instead of on the side. My thumb always want to reach there too adjust the speed.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I would rather see the speed switch on top of the handle on the 3401 instead of on the side. My thumb always want to reach there too adjust the speed.
    For me the current switch location is a love/hate kind of thing. I love how I'm able to adjust speed at the flick of a thumb when I'm ready to complete a section at a slower speed for the final pass. On the flip-side I do sometimes cause a phantom speed change by mistake. All in all, I'd probably prefer the switch to remain where it is since I hate stopping, lifting the polisher, adjusting the speed, and then finally get back to the paint. Maybe I'm just impatient and need to slow down! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Does Flex have a competitor for the Rupes 75 or 12E?? Maybe there?

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast