autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A FLEX comparision: PE14 vs 3401

What happened to the pics?

All I can see is photobucket icons.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    What happened to the pics?

All I can see is photobucket icons.
    Hi Bill,

My photobucket account has exceeded its bandwidth count hence the reason we can't see them. I will bump this thread when my account resets.

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures are up!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing comparison buddy!!!

I've always thought that rotaries were light years ahead of D/A polishers (Even the 3401) in terms of correction speed. I didn't know that it was only 10%. To me, the added 10% time savings isn't worth the risk of burning the paint with a rotary. I guess the new machines have advanced so much that it's closing the gap it has to the rotary.

Also, your photos are amazing! That tape line that shows the original paint condition is crazy!! I can't believe how much the paint improved. The color is richer and the reflections are deeper.

Thanks for taking time to do this comparison. At least, I don't have the urge to get a rotary anymore.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Really good write up, and your technique also works with the WG line of products. I just tried it this last few days on the wife's car. WGFG, WGDGPS, then topped with Auto Finesse Spirit

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A FLEX comparision: PE14 vs 3401-uploadfromtaptalk1402093412022-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job! You are absolutely right, this is one of the best you'd have the pleasure of writing - and that's saying something because of the quality of the other pieces.

You know what needs to happen - the collection of posts that you've written that is compiled into a sticky or something.

And if people haven't seen this yet, check this out. From FLEX North America (Welcome to Flex North America, Inc. - Your Heavy-Duty Power Tools Suplier)

APRIL 1, 2014

FLEX WOULD LIKE TO THANK MICHAEL PLOESSER FOR THE GREAT REVIEW HE WROTE ABOUT HIS TOUR OF THE FLEX FACTORY. HE IS STATIONED IN GERMANY AND
    REACHED OUT TO US FOR AN TOUR.
    PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ HIS REVIEW AND TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES HE TOOK WHILE AT THE FLEX FACTORY.

HTTP://WWW.AUTOGEEKONLINE.NET/FORUM/...H-GERMANY.HTML
    I think they may have posted the wrong one, but that shows how many quality FLEX articles Mike has written! Great job man, I look forward to the next one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I've always thought that rotaries were light years ahead of D/A polishers (Even the 3401) in terms of correction speed. I didn't know that it was only 10%. To me, the added 10% time savings isn't worth the risk of burning the paint with a rotary. I guess the new machines have advanced so much that it's closing the gap it has to the rotary.
    it's amazing with the new advancements in technology with pads and polishes/compounds what can be done with a DA. i knew it wasn't the capabilites of the machine in itself, but finding/developing products to pair with the DA to make it more effective. can't wait for what the future holds with even more newer products to hit the market for the DA. it's pretty exciting for sure!

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great article Mike!!! I traditionally use a higher speed with my Griots DA. You've opened my eyes to do some thorough testing once I get. My 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Amazing comparison buddy!!!

Also, your photos are amazing! That tape line that shows the original paint condition is crazy!! I can't believe how much the paint improved. The color is richer and the reflections are deeper.

Thanks for taking time to do this comparison. At least, I don't have the urge to get a rotary anymore.
    Thank you Marc!!!

Even though on this test the 3401 was nearly identical on terms of performance, I would grab the PE14 first for doing the heavy grunt work of compounding an entire vehicle as the added cut and likeliness of reduced time spent would surely make the job easier. Not saying the 3401 can't keep up, its just beneficial to have both machines in your arsenal.

This is going to be my new one two punch. Compounding with the PE and polishing with the 3401.

These pictures were taken right from my DSLR with no editing involved.

Glad you enjoyed my write up.

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    Really good write up, and your technique also works with the WG line of products. I just tried it this last few days on the wife's car. WGFG, WGDGPS, then topped with Auto Finesse Spirit

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online
    Thank you sir!

Glad to hear you were able to get great results with the Wolfgang products. I use and enjoy them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Excellent job! You are absolutely right, this is one of the best you'd have the pleasure of writing - and that's saying something because of the quality of the other pieces.

You know what needs to happen - the collection of posts that you've written that is compiled into a sticky or something.

And if people haven't seen this yet, check this out. From FLEX North America (Welcome to Flex North America, Inc. - Your Heavy-Duty Power Tools Suplier)

I think they may have posted the wrong one, but that shows how many quality FLEX articles Mike has written! Great job man, I look forward to the next one!
    Thank you for the kind words Ryan! I really enjoyed putting this one together.

That's a great idea. I would love to see my Flex articles stickied.

Not sure what happened but when I click on the link in my other post about the tour it takes me right to the Flex tools news page.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    it's amazing with the new advancements in technology with pads and polishes/compounds what can be done with a DA. i knew it wasn't the capabilites of the machine in itself, but finding/developing products to pair with the DA to make it more effective. can't wait for what the future holds with even more newer products to hit the market for the DA. it's pretty exciting for sure!
    I'm right there with you! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktred08fsi View Post
    Great article Mike!!! I traditionally use a higher speed with my Griots DA. You've opened my eyes to do some thorough testing once I get. My 3401.
    Thank you sir!

Don't hesitate to ask questions when you get the 3401.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345