autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite pads on the PE14

Hey Geeks, just wanted to get some opinions on which is your favorite pads and plates to use on this machine. I have a PE on its way and was thinking on the LC high gloss line or hybrid line.

Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hybrid line for sure!

Scholls wool pads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite pads on the PE14

I love the high gloss pads for rotary use. IMO it almost a pad designed to the rotory machine

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

The Hi Gloss pads are a great option, but there are many choices depending on your preference or polishing style.

Each pad has its advantages as to why it may improve the polishing experience.

Hi gloss pads are nice because along with the CCS feature along with the softer density foam to tilt, angle or adjust the polisher while keeping more of the pad planted to the surface of the paint. The softer foam backing gives it a nice cushioned feel as well.

The hybrid line would work well, but I would suggest others before, only because the orange Hybrid pad can be very aggressive in a rotary application. ESPECIALLY for someone without a lot of experience behind a rotary.

The waffle pad has always been a popular choice for rotary use, and due to the pattern of the pad, keeps the working surface cooler rather than a flat pad typically.

Like I said before, a lot is personal preference so you may get a variety of opinions.

Some may disagree, but I personally like the 7.5" curved CCS pads on the 6" backing plate. The 7.5" pad is slightly smaller than a full size pad (around 6.5" backing on the pad), and provides the user a lot of maneuvering ability but still be precise.

I like them because when I'm using a rotary polisher, I am typically using angled in a "cutting" type position. With the slightly curved face, this gives you a larger contact area with out the added pressure from compressing a flat pad to curve on an angle.

Hope that may help a little, and I'm subscribed to see what everyone else likes to use on their PE's and rotary polishers in general

Congrats on the new polisher. The PE14 is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for chiming in on your preferred pads for the PE14.

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Hybrid line for sure!

Scholls wool pads
    I have plenty of Hybrids to play around with and get a feel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    I love the high gloss pads for rotary use. IMO it almost a pad designed to the rotory machine
    I was thinking the same Wes. They probably handle extremely well along with the white 5" flex foam backing plate.

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    Hey Mike,

The Hi Gloss pads are a great option, but there are many choices depending on your preference or polishing style.

Each pad has its advantages as to why it may improve the polishing experience.

Hi gloss pads are nice because along with the CCS feature along with the softer density foam to tilt, angle or adjust the polisher while keeping more of the pad planted to the surface of the paint. The softer foam backing gives it a nice cushioned feel as well.

The hybrid line would work well, but I would suggest others before, only because the orange Hybrid pad can be very aggressive in a rotary application. ESPECIALLY for someone without a lot of experience behind a rotary.

The waffle pad has always been a popular choice for rotary use, and due to the pattern of the pad, keeps the working surface cooler rather than a flat pad typically.

Like I said before, a lot is personal preference so you may get a variety of opinions.

Some may disagree, but I personally like the 7.5" curved CCS pads on the 6" backing plate. The 7.5" pad is slightly smaller than a full size pad (around 6.5" backing on the pad), and provides the user a lot of maneuvering ability but still be precise.

I like them because when I'm using a rotary polisher, I am typically using angled in a "cutting" type position. With the slightly curved face, this gives you a larger contact area with out the added pressure from compressing a flat pad to curve on an angle.

Hope that may help a little, and I'm subscribed to see what everyone else likes to use on their PE's and rotary polishers in general

Congrats on the new polisher. The PE14 is awesome!
    Thanks for stopping in with your information Dave! It is greatly appreciated! I will watch my P's and Q's with the orange pad.

Probably will start off with the white Hybrid and SF4000 to get a good feel of how they handle. I will also venture out and try a few other lines. You may have just given the waffles a second chance with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid here too. Since you're in Germany look into the 3m backing plate # 09628. Match made in heaven with the PE-14.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used my hybrid pads on my PE14 but they cut great on the 3401.

For the rotary I've just used CCS 6.5's and smaller spot buffs which worked well. Hydrotech ones did not really impress me with it. I ordered some 7.5" curved CCS to use with it that I think will be nice. LC MF pads are not happy on a rotary, either version IMO did not work good at all for me.

For wool I like tufbuf, just got a bunch more today. The black wool doesn't shed as much and they hold up well and cut decent for a good price.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Hybrid here too. Since you're in Germany look into the 3m backing plate # 09628. Match made in heaven with the PE-14.
    Thank you.

I looked up the 3M number you mentioned and it listed plates for the European polishers in M14 thread. Would you happen to know of one for our 5/8 standard thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    Haven't used my hybrid pads on my PE14 but they cut great on the 3401.

For the rotary I've just used CCS 6.5's and smaller spot buffs which worked well. Hydrotech ones did not really impress me with it. I ordered some 7.5" curved CCS to use with it that I think will be nice. LC MF pads are not happy on a rotary, either version IMO did not work good at all for me.

For wool I like tufbuf, just got a bunch more today. The black wool doesn't shed as much and they hold up well and cut decent for a good price.
    Thanks for chiming in Vinny.

I agree, the hybrids are a match made in heaven with the 3401.

Also I was not impressed with mf pads on the rotary. Way to grabby and just didn't provide a good buffing experience.

Keep me posted on the 7.5 curved CCS pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Thank you.

I looked up the 3M number you mentioned and it listed plates for the European polishers in M14 thread. Would you happen to know of one for our 5/8 standard thread?

Thanks for chiming in Vinny.

I agree, the hybrids are a match made in heaven with the 3401.

Also I was not impressed with mf pads on the rotary. Way to grabby and just didn't provide a good buffing experience.

Keep me posted on the 7.5 curved CCS pads.
    Yep those LC MF pads will twist your arm off. I didn't like them on the 3401 either.

My order should be in next week I'll let you know on the 7.5s.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    Which size pads and which bp do you accompany them with?

Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    YMy order should be in next week I'll let you know on the 7.5s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast