autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chinese Acquire Flex Tools

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yeah, I know, BMW, Porsche-Audi, Mercedez Benz, Bosch, Siemens etc. those brands are all poorly manufactured and their quality sucks.
    Exactly why I don't own any of those brands. My appliances are all whirlpool, electronics are Sony, Samsung, and you'll never catch me owning a foreign car. I honestly can't think of anything I own that is German affiliated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    Exactly why I don't own any of those brands.
    My appliances are all whirlpool, electronics are Sony, Samsung, and you'll never catch me owning a foreign car.
    I honestly can't think of anything I own that is German affiliated.
    Wasn't that you that I saw down at Kings Island, during their
    Oktoberfest celebration, chowing down on some German sausages?

BTW:
    Why wasn't the rest of your party wearing lederhosen to match yours?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you.
    Maybe he was just being a little sarcastic and joking. Lol
    I'm a Toyota and GM type man myself.
    My 09' RAV must have at least four recalls, maybe I need to get my butt to the dealership. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Lol are you joking? Germans are probably most known for their engineering and manufacturing expertise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never felt allegiance to any car company until my first BMW. A lot of German/Euro made stuff gives me that satisfied subjective feel I don't get from made in China or Japan. That being said, 90% of the time you'll catch me in my Nissan Pathfinder. I don't care of it has recalls or higher maintenance. I do t think I'm alone - Why do you think Lexus is in the crapper? Very reliable luxury cars, but they haven't been able to stir the soul like BMW/Mercedes.

However, my M BMW has been a perfect car. No issues or problems at all and it's almost 6 years old. Only real "issue" is the leather is wearing kind of poorly on the driver's outer bolster. That's it - the only thing I could think of as a "failure".

Post Thanks / Like

Though China has a bad-rep about bad quality products, with proper management and manufacturing they can make top quality products. Look at Apple Computers for instance. I'm not talking about operating systems, that's another debate. I'm talking about best quality design, fit and finish, and manufacturing. If the new owners of Flex plays their cards right, nothing will happen to Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I never felt allegiance to any car company until my first BMW. A lot of German/Euro made stuff gives me that satisfied subjective feel I don't get from made in China or Japan. That being said, 90% of the time you'll catch me in my Nissan Pathfinder. I don't care of it has recalls or higher maintenance. I do t think I'm alone - Why do you think Lexus is in the crapper? Very reliable luxury cars, but they haven't been able to stir the soul like BMW/Mercedes.

However, my M BMW has been a perfect car. No issues or problems at all and it's almost 6 years old. Only real "issue" is the leather is wearing kind of poorly on the driver's outer bolster. That's it - the only thing I could think of as a "failure".

I believe a German car gives you that feeling because of the engineering behind them. At the end of the day, the place that they are manufactured doesn't matter too much as long as production is being over seen and it is meeting the standards that were set for that car.

A perfect example is that all VWs feel pretty much the same whether it comes from Germany, Slovakia, Mexico, or the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Wasn't that you that I saw down at Kings Island, during their
    Oktoberfest celebration, chowing down on some German sausages?

BTW:
    Why wasn't the rest of your party wearing lederhosen to match yours?

Bob
    I do enjoy a good bratwurst! But German beer, yuk. Especially the dark stuff, but I'm not a big beer guy anyway. I do a mean chicken dance.

Post Thanks / Like

Chinese Acquire Flex Tools

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post

I believe a German car gives you that feeling because of the engineering behind them. At the end of the day, the place that they are manufactured doesn't matter too much as long as production is being over seen and it is meeting the standards that were set for that car.

A perfect example is that all VWs feel pretty much the same whether it comes from Germany, Slovakia, Mexico, or the USA.
    My friend just ditched his STI. I never felt that in his Subaru, regardless if it could run rings around my BMW or not. He traded it for a Mercedes. We opened the door last night and it said made in Hungary. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend just ditched his STI. I never felt that in his Subaru, regardless if it could run rings around my BMW or not. He traded it for a Mercedes. We opened the door last night and it said made in Hungary. Go figure.
    A Subaru is a unique love it or hate it feel (I happen to like it). It's nothing like a German car whatsoever, and it's nothing like its Japanese competitors.

The German feel is unique and I love it and hate it at the same time. I feel like I am in a superior car, but at the same time driving an Audi or a Porsche really doesn't do much for me. They are fun for a little, but that excitement wears off quickly IMO.

Then again, I'm young so I have no issue with a less refined car if it can offer more excitement.

Post Thanks / Like

We opened the door last night and it said made in Hungary. Go figure.
    Hungary (and other parts of eastern Europe) is part of the EU and where the lower cost labor is located so popular manufacturing area.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast