autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chinese Acquire Flex Tools

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yeah, I know, BMW, Porsche-Audi, Mercedez Benz, Bosch, Siemens etc. those brands are all poorly manufactured and their quality sucks.
    people look at them as better than American, tell me that when my audi does not have 3 recalls that are big parts
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Being a pocket knife collector I used to collect a lot of German knives. Now most all of the old known German names are made in China. The knives are totally different knives with old names on them. Sad for sure. Now when buying or selling the "old" German versions you have to point out weather it's German or not.

Although the Japanese make far superior knives than the Germans ever did (in my opinion) I still liked buying the German knives. Mainly because there used to be a stigma about cheaply made Japanese stuff from years ago. I have this same stigma about China made anything. They are known for pumping out cheap imitations. These days it's different though and China can produce quality merchandise, but I always have the feeling that quality will be lost when an established company is bought and moved to China (from my pocket knife experience).

As a side note, I have been in the plumbing business for over 20 years. At one point Watts valves manufacturing was moved to China. The valves looked slightly different (different finish of the metals) but operated the same and I didn't have an issues with warranty recalls of valves I installed. Then a few years ago their manufacturing was moved back to the USA and a big hoopla was made about it. For a while the valves were the worst piece of junks I ever put in, it was like the USA had to re-learn how to make them again. After a while quality came back.
    Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is best to look at the reputation of the company than the country where the company is located. There are inferior and superior products manufactured everywhere. I have automobile which was manufactured in the United States and one which was manufactured in Germany. I love them both. With that said, at least to me, it is troubling that China seems to have a hand in most everything. Not that I blame them or begrudge them that right. Instead, it is concerning that companies are unwilling to compete and are so willing to sell out. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    people look at them as better than American, tell me that when my audi does not have 3 recalls that are big parts
    Atleast that's 4 less times than the new Ford Escape
    Ford recalls 2013 Escape SUVs for seventh time

There have now been seven recalls of the 2013 model of the Escape, a key SUV for Ford, the No. 2 U.S. automaker. The recalls affected 161,334 Escape SUVs globally, mostly in the United States, and addressed potential leaks that could cause a fire
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I've worked with German manufacturers on some specialized products for projects around the world. I went into it thinking and believing in the German superiority in engineering and manufacturing. On the manufacturing side I found it to be mostly true. Unfortunately, we could not find anyone in the US who could make these products.

I was disappointed on the engineering side. Although the German engineers were very good to excellent, I did not find them to be any level above equivalent American or other European engineers. When we found mistakes, the Germans tended to try to make you believe that they were right, and you simply did not understand. It took more discussion than should have been necessary to get them to admit to the mistakes. When they realized that we (Americans) were there not to point out mistakes, but rather to work as a team to produce the best possible product, their attitude changed for the better.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Rest assured that the beloved FLEX 3401, PE14-2-150, and 3403 will continue to be manufactured in Germany, where they have been all along.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Rest assured that the beloved FLEX 3401, PE14-2-150, and 3403

will continue to be manufactured in Germany, where they have been all along.

^^^^^^

<<<{希望並祈禱的時間}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Rest assured that the beloved FLEX 3401, PE14-2-150, and 3403 will continue to be manufactured in Germany, where they have been all along.

Nooooo. I was hoping they would move to China and my German version would become a valuable collectors item
    Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, a sigh of relief. Thanks Nick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Whew, a sigh of relief. Thanks Nick.
    No kidding, that's great news.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast