autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Flex 3401 coming tomorrow, how much learning curve orver DA?

Guys, very excited after all the reviews, posts and videos of everyone using the Flex 3401, I called in all the favors. Used my birthday moeny and even pulling ahead my Christmas gift money to get one. Well it is just like Christmas in July.
    I could not pass up the sale, not sure how many others saw this package and purchased. But I order the VRG Flex kit with polisher, for $314.44, that's cheaper than just the Flex itself, so just had to get one.

My question is how much of a learning curve is ther using this polisher over a DA? I have little seat time with the DA as I have just been starting out and currently have a couple of jobs lined up. This is a Hobby/Part-Time busniess for me, mostly late nights and weekends when free.
    I want to start using right away, but also want to know of any tricks to help with learing curve.
    Any comments from those who own one or have had the pleasure of using one would be very greatful.

I can't wait, like a kid in candy store, want tomorrow to hurry up.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Flex 3401 coming tomorrow, how much learning curve orver DA?

Learning curve is after one panel. After that it's all smiles from there on. Have fun with ur flex.
    •Kevin
    UC - M205 - SF4500 - BFWD - BFMS

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin hit the nail on the head. It won't take long for you to feel comfortable with your new Flex. When you can afford it, order the LC Interchangable Backing Plate system. It will provide you with even more opportunities to use your Flex.

FLEX XC3401 Changeable Backing Plate System
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    Kevin hit the nail on the head. It won't take long for you to feel comfortable with your new Flex. When you can afford it, order the LC Interchangable Backing Plate system. It will provide you with even more opportunities to use your Flex.

FLEX XC3401 Changeable Backing Plate System
    Oh, Yeah.. that's my plan. Couple of details and cash in pocket, it is already on my wish list. Best part is I already have a couple of pads to use it with, just limited funds. Was so happy to see on the sale. I know my wife was not.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Just reassure her that this tool will allow you to be more efficient with your time which will allow you to spend more time with her.

Try to say it with a straight face....that's the key to making it believable.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    Just reassure her that this tool will allow you to be more efficient with your time which will allow you to spend more time with her.

Try to say it with a straight face....that's the key to making it believable.
    Oh Yeah, we both think alike. Just spent 4.5 hours on a detail, told her it would cut my polishing time almost in half, that means more time for you and girls and more money in bank.
    5 clicks later it was ordered and on its way. The puppy dog eyes and I will do your car first were also part of the agreement. LOL
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy just got his Flex delivered today. He got home from work this afternoon and tried it out. He already sent me a text that said he loves it. He couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it is compared to his GG6, and he is even able to use it right handed which he said made it easier to use the controls (he is a lefty and normally polishes like a lefty would). He also said he didn't even notice the opposite rotation.

My Flex arrives tomorrow, and I can't wait to use it, especially after my friend's instantly positive experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    My buddy just got his Flex delivered today. He got home from work this afternoon and tried it out. He already sent me a text that said he loves it. He couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it is compared to his GG6, and he is even able to use it right handed which he said made it easier to use the controls (he is a lefty and normally polishes like a lefty would). He also said he didn't even notice the opposite rotation.

My Flex arrives tomorrow, and I can't wait to use it, especially after my friend's instantly positive experience.
    Dan,
    Thanks for the post. I too am excited. I have been using a HF DA that I had highly modified. It works ok for what I have been doing, but not well balanced and even with mods still noisy. Looking forward to a real professional tool. I am used to working with good quality stuff, but price was right for HF DA.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

It took me all of 30 seconds to get used to it on rock hard Mercedes black paint and I am a total idiot. You'll love it so cast away the doubts. FEEL it work and you'll love it from that moment on.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rick, now I will never be able to sleep. Maybe call in sick tomorrow to wait for the UPS guy. LOL
    Bill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast