autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3401 flex BP?

Post Thanks / Like

3401 flex BP?

Im wanting to buy the Flex 3401 but I also want a 4 inch backing plate. I have looked at the BP on AGO website and the only one I can find is if you buy the BP kit with the 25 foot cord. The kit is around $90 more and I figured I could just buy the 4 inch plate and an extension cord for less than the $90. Any idea where I can find the 4 inch plate? All I can find is 3.5 and 5 on LC and FLex has 4 3/8.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3401 flex BP?

NM....found it...Sry I looked everywhere on website but found a link to it from forum.

Post Thanks / Like

could you pm me the link to the 4" backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cplchris View Post
    could you pm me the link to the 4" backing plate?
    Look carefully mid-page.
    Flex XC 3401, FLEX Orbital Polisher,flex XC 3401 VRG dual-action polisher,flex XC3401VRG,Dual Action polisher,FLEX buffer

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the 4" plate... It's the adapter thing they make for it...I didn't want to pay $50 for a 25 foot cord.. I can buy an extension cord cheaper. But they are sold out and on back order for the adapter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwilson534 View Post
    It's not just the 4" plate... It's the adapter thing they make for it...I didn't want to pay $50 for a 25 foot cord.. I can buy an extension cord cheaper. But they are sold out and on back order for the adapter.

The cord attached to it is worth the $50. Sounds like you are planning on just going and buying a cheap plastic coated cord from the hardware store (a quality 25' would be pricey) which is fine if $20-30 extra for the Flex cord is really out of your budget, however you will appreciate the quality of the cord attached to it and the fact it is attached with no plug to deal with like you would when using an extension cord.

AFAIK you have to buy the interchangeable system, I thought they offered a kit with just that but as you say it is on backorder. Might want to make sure they have them for the HD 3401 kit you are looking at. They assemble those into the kit then send them out, so they may not have any left to send with polishers.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

yea im looking for a 4" bp (not 4 3/8") i searched all over the internet and everyone has them on backorder, my guess is lc couldn't keep up or they may be discontinuing them (i hope not)

Post Thanks / Like

Members here don't realize the reach of this forum and others like it. In addition to all the members, there's also tons of lurkers, reading and making purchase decisions from the information posted.

Several threads recently have suggested that the best pads for the Flex 3401 are the 5" Hybrid Pads that are designed to fit exactly on the 4" backing plate in the LC Backing Plate System.

So, lots of people have seen that, and ordered from anywhere and everywhere they have found. Hence, everyone is out of stock. I doubt that LC would discontinue a winner product.

How do I know this?
    Rick (ADS) is about 4 miles from my house. He's often told me that he gets very odd spikes in demand for different products, which tells him that something is being discussed on the forums. BTW, he shows the LC Backing Plate system in stock (probably not for long

Post Thanks / Like

My 4-in Flex plate came in handy. My original 4-in plate for the DA disintegrated so switched to the modular 4-in on the flex and worked great. I did not realize they have been hard to get.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgg85234 View Post
    Members here don't realize the reach of this forum and others like it. In addition to all the members, there's also tons of lurkers, reading and making purchase decisions from the information posted.

Several threads recently have suggested that the best pads for the Flex 3401 are the 5" Hybrid Pads that are designed to fit exactly on the 4" backing plate in the LC Backing Plate System.

So, lots of people have seen that, and ordered from anywhere and everywhere they have found. Hence, everyone is out of stock. I doubt that LC would discontinue a winner product.

How do I know this?
    Rick (ADS) is about 4 miles from my house. He's often told me that he gets very odd spikes in demand for different products, which tells him that something is being discussed on the forums. BTW, he shows the LC Backing Plate system in stock (probably not for long
    ok what does ads stand for? im looking to buy an lc set asap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast