autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3401, how much of a time saver in reality?

I've been using the old PC since joining here and learning all the cool stuff that's possible.
    So now that the bug hit me again this year I've been thinking about the 3401.
    As personal demands continue to take more and more of time, it's harder to commit to full details for family and friends, but I love doing it when I can.

A typical car I'll do for a pal is going to be a daily driver, washed at the typical wash for a year or two, so 4/5 times I have to start with an aggressive pad and light compound.
    So, if ( I know I will get one by spring regardless) about how much of an actual time saver would using the 3401 save me on the heavier polishing steps you think? 25% perhaps?

Also, what about work load on your body? As I get older, yep CTS, tendonitis, etc has began to set in :<( So after an above such session, my arms are hurting pretty bad.
    I serve society by ROCKING!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3401, how much of a time saver in reality?

Subscribe...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well...

Post Thanks / Like

Time saved if you know how to get the most out of both tools... Not sure as I never used the PC. With the 3401 vs GG it is some difference in time but not like your cutting off a major percentage. For me it's not the time saved that is the huge factor but among many things it's the fact I enjoy using the 3401 while the GG was something I wish I could forget.

I never used the PC but comparing the GG to the 3401 is a HUGE difference in comfort. 3401 is comfy and I have loved it since it replaced my GG.

GG vibrated like a concrete jackhammer until it luckily broke down after two hours.... Brand new too...
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Time saved if you know how to get the most out of both tools... Not sure as I never used the PC. With the 3401 vs GG it is some difference in time but not like your cutting off a major percentage. For me it's not the time saved that is the huge factor but among many things it's the fact I enjoy using the 3401 while the GG was something I wish I could forget.

I never used the PC but comparing the GG to the 3401 is a HUGE difference in comfort. 3401 is comfy and I have loved it since it replaced my GG.

GG vibrated like a concrete jackhammer until it luckily broke down after two hours.... Brand new too...
    User error

Post Thanks / Like

3401 goes way faster and it just has the feel of a rotary ...
    Would say I saved about 30 minutes per car on a one stepper (151) - 1 Hr vs 1.5hs

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=fredcandetail;726755]3401 goes way faster and it just has the feel of a rotary ...

Why not just use a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary???
    I was going to call you a noob but I see you have nearly 6000 posts so I'm hoping you've done a handful of cars... And if you have you would know that it is impossible to finish holo free with a rotary...
    I've been detailing for 10+ years and can tell you that while I might be able to finish out almost clean it's not worth the 5 jeweling passes to clean things up when the same can be done with the 3401
    Feel me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcandetail View Post
    Rotary???
    I was going to call you a noob but I see you have nearly 6000 posts so I'm hoping you've done a handful of cars... And if you have you would know that it is impossible to finish holo free with a rotary...
    I've been detailing for 10+ years and can tell you that while I might be able to finish out almost clean it's not worth the 5 jeweling passes to clean things up when the same can be done with the 3401
    Feel me?
    It is possible to finish down easily with a rotary if you know what you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

If the reason to go 3401 over the DA (ie:PC) then even with a rotary which is more powerful than the 3401 you can always follow up with the DA. I agree knowing and using the buffer you choose is the real key. They all have a place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast