autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First time with Flex 3401

I finally got to use my new flex 3401 on my truck this weekend.( I had tried it out on my hood) I used Dodo need for speed and a green LC 6.5" pad. Finished up with a coat of Swissvax Concosro sp?, applied with a PC and a red LC 6.5" pad.

I really liked the feel of the flex, It was a little difficult getting used to the way it walks on you if you let it. The lack of the jiggling effect and the power it spins the pad at was great.

My truck had some light swirls from the winter and need for speed and the flex took care of them. Very easy product to remove and once the pad was primed I used very little product.

I would def. recommend need for speed and will post pics. later, as far as Swissvax it is now my favorite wax. It looks that good, and very easy to remove. I will update on endurance.
    ED

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time with Flex 3401

I just bought a new to me 3401 from a well respected forum member. He is a pro and uses a rotary and a DA more so Im taking it off his hands! I plan to keep my GG's for Megs DA MF Systems.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I finally got to use my new flex 3401 on my truck this weekend.( I had tried it out on my hood) I used Dodo need for speed and a green LC 6.5" pad. Finished up with a coat of Swissvax Concosro sp?, applied with a PC and a red LC 6.5" pad.

I really liked the feel of the flex, It was a little difficult getting used to the way it walks on you if you let it. The lack of the jiggling effect and the power it spins the pad at was great.

My truck had some light swirls from the winter and need for speed and the flex took care of them. Very easy product to remove and once the pad was primed I used very little product.

I would def. recommend need for speed and will post pics. later, as far as Swissvax it is now my favorite wax. It looks that good, and very easy to remove. I will update on endurance.
    Ed,

I couldn't agree with you more!

The Flex 3401 is a dream polisher and every time I use it only makes me wish I had bought it sooner..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

The lack of the jiggling effect
    This is THE reason I ordered the 3401, and I love it. Before my hands would go numb and tingly with the PC. Plus now I can use 6.5'' pads, the PC just could not handle the larger pads.

I still have the PC around for LSP application, and pretty soon some carpet brushes, but I am finding that even my 3401 is starting to win for LSP as well.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    This is THE reason I ordered the 3401, and I love it. Before my hands would go numb and tingly with the PC. Plus now I can use 6.5'' pads, the PC just could not handle the larger pads.

I still have the PC around for LSP application, and pretty soon some carpet brushes, but I am finding that even my 3401 is starting to win for LSP as well.
    I haven't used it for LSP application, you like the Flex to apply wax/sealant?
    ED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post

This is THE reason I love the Flex... besides all the great build quality, location of controls, etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used it for LSP application, you like the Flex to apply wax/sealant?
    I just finished up an SUV this weekend with the 3401 with Hydro Tech red pad and WG Fuzion and it turned out amazingly well. The 3401 was a pleasure to use, even with LSP.

Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

How did you apply the fuzion to the LC pad?
    ED

Mike Phillips

It was a little difficult getting used to the way it walks on you if you let it. The

This walking-effect is due to the larger size of the orbit in it's oscillating action and take place anytime you're not holding the pad completely flat.

In a way, the tools corrects and teaches you to hold the pad flat because you tell instantly when you're not holding the pad flat by the walking-effect. Since in most cases good technique means holding the pad flat to the surface... the self-teaching provided by the tool is a good thing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    This walking-effect is due to the larger size of the orbit in it's oscillating action and take place anytime you're not holding the pad completely flat.

In a way, the tools corrects and teaches you to hold the pad flat because you tell instantly when you're not holding the pad flat by the walking-effect. Since in most cases good technique means holding the pad flat to the surface... the self-teaching provided by the tool is a good thing...

Yes as soon as I went on a slight angle it would start to walk, I got the pad flat pretty quick after that and I'm looking forward to using the Flex 3401 again. Mike have you used the flex to apply wax?
    ED

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast