autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: First time with Flex 3401

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Yes as soon as I went on a slight angle it would start to walk, I got the pad flat pretty quick after that and I'm looking forward to using the Flex 3401 again. Mike have you used the flex to apply wax?
    Yes, it works for me just fine but I try to do as many procedures by machine as possible. Use a soft finishing or waxing pad on around the 2-3 speed setting...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes, it works for me just fine but I try to do as many procedures by machine as possible. Use a soft finishing or waxing pad on around the 2-3 speed setting...

I do too, but I've been using my PC for wax application. I haven't tried using the flex for LSP.
    ED

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to detailing by DA, and I have just used my Flex 3401 twice, but the results have been amazing; I'm thinking how is it going to look when I get good at it, because I know I'm really inexperienced and I'm feeling my way along with the help of you guys and the tutorials. The Flex 3401 is forgiving of my inept ways and gives you a result that is unmistakable. Awesome machine!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm contemplating, getting the flex 3401!

Can anyone tell about the noise and vibration it makes, compared to PCXP ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
    I'm contemplating, getting the flex 3401!

Can anyone tell about the noise and vibration it makes, compared to PCXP ?
    It doesn't "jiggle" like the PC, it isn't the noisest machine I've used. I like it, it has a great feel to it. Correction time is much faster. I'm glad I got it, and I still use my PC for wax/sealant application. I would go for it and get it!!
    ED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I haven't used it for LSP application, you like the Flex to apply wax/sealant?
    I do.... I use LC blue super finishing pad and apply wax or sealants with it... makes it a breeze. 15 minutes and you're done!

Post Thanks / Like

i had been eye balling the flex 3401 for a while now...... but i decided i rather master the rotary and do all my work with it. i have a pc for waxes and sealants but the rotary is just a beast and i know that with practice it will definitely get the job done! some forum members here gave me the inspiration to do so!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the Flex XC 3401 VRG since 2008 , I was the first to use it here in Australia and thanks to my testing and review it's been selling well !

Here is my full review from another forum !

ENJOY !

Full Review on Flex XC 3401 VRG Very Long ! - Detailing World

Mario
    Last edited by polishdoc; 04-17-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added word

Post Thanks / Like

I used my conventional DA polisher(like the PCXP) but the vibration from it caused my hands to go stiff and pain for weeks after any detail!!!

I seriously am looking for better options that actually make the polishing experience more pleasurable, quieter(neighbors eye me all the time I fire up the DA at odd times of the day or night! lol)
    and most of all, decreased fatigue from using the machine so that I can carry out another detail the other day!

Is Flex 3401 for me?(sry for the very traditional way to put the question lol! )

How's the weight of the polisher for vertical panels?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
    I used my conventional DA polisher(like the PCXP) but the vibration from it caused my hands to go stiff and pain for weeks after any detail!!!

I seriously am looking for better options that actually make the polishing experience more pleasurable, quieter(neighbors eye me all the time I fire up the DA at odd times of the day or night! lol)
    and most of all, decreased fatigue from using the machine so that I can carry out another detail the other day!

Is Flex 3401 for me?(sry for the very traditional way to put the question lol! )

How's the weight of the polisher for vertical panels?
    The Flex will take more effort on vertical panels since you have to both hold it flat and guide it than a non-forced rotation DA. The key is learning how to hold it properly (for example, 8am tail, 2pm head position) with both hands. You should not just hold it out with one hand like you can with a regular DA.

It has a smoothness that instantly feels like it is a great machine. I did not like the tingling feeling left with my original DA.

Now Cyclo fans should show up and tell you the Cyclo is the best of both worlds. I used one for about 15 seconds. It is an interesting machine.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast