autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex3401 vs Griot's Garage 6" ROP

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Jimmy,

I have bot the Flex 3401 and Porter Cables 7424 so I think I'm all set for now....
    Hey Bobby,
    After the MF pads came out I kinda started to feel left out... lol
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark for answering JimmyJam questions . Only thing I can say at this point Jimmy is go with what you feel right with . But IMO stick with what Mark Said his owned all the machines out there and tested plenty of products using all types of combos of pads and compunds .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Makes total sense and with the MF system I believe it makes non forced DAs more appealing to those in the market for one. I knw as for me my next purchase will have a GG6/MF DA system. I'm still Flex "headed" with the idea that there's no replacing the Flex, but I'm now open minded....Ha
    You think YOU were Flex "headed", well, for those that know me, I wouldn't budge on the 3401, until now. The DA MF is truly revolutionary, IMO. However, with the DA MF system, in order to make it most efficient, it's very important not to work too fast. You don't have to move the polisher like a snail, but you can't have rapid arm speed either. The 3401 is still an outstanding polisher and WISHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it worked well with the DA MF system, but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Thanks Mark for answering JimmyJam questions . Only thing I can say at this point Jimmy is go with what you feel right with . But IMO stick with what Mark Said his owned all the machines out there and tested plenty of products using all types of combos of pads and compunds .
    Thanks Adam, yet I still don't know how to use a rotary very well. When it comes to DA's, yes, I tried them all with different combos. You got to try the GG DA, how do you like it? Honestly...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    You think YOU were Flex "headed", well, for those that know me, I wouldn't budge on the 3401, until now. The DA MF is truly revolutionary, IMO. However, with the DA MF system, in order to make it most efficient, it's very important not to work too fast. You don't have to move the polisher like a snail, but you can't have rapid arm speed either. The 3401 is still an outstanding polisher and WISHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it worked well with the DA MF system, but it doesn't.

Thanks Adam, yet I still don't know how to use a rotary very well. When it comes to DA's, yes, I tried them all with different combos. You got to try the GG DA, how do you like it? Honestly...
    Thanks Marky Mark!
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand the vibrations of the 7424xp @ speed 5. Maybe I should switch to the Griot's Garage one.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are seriously making me feel like selling my PCXP and getting a GG. the funny thing is, i haven't even used my pc! its chilling there beside my makita waiting to get used! i haven't had the chance to use it yet, but once i do, ill see how much i like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I was thinking of purchasing the FLEX but now with his new Meguiars DA system and my m105 half empty, I might purchase the MF pads and polishing compound.

So one question, what if I have light scratches? When using Meguiars DA MF system do you use the heavy cutting compound to remove or the second compound. Or, do you just go with M205 LC white pad. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnugget View Post
    Wow, I was thinking of purchasing the FLEX but now with his new Meguiars DA system and my m105 half empty, I might purchase the MF pads and polishing compound.

So one question, what if I have light scratches? When using Meguiars DA MF system do you use the heavy cutting compound to remove or the second compound. Or, do you just go with M205 LC white pad. Thanks.
    There is no second compound, it's a finishing wax(very light cut). Try M205.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense, thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was actually going to purchase a Flex 3401 along with product and pads tomorrow, just for personal use. Newbie to detailing cars. I have the day off from work and everything. Today I ran into this new information. After all my winter research and headaches, this happens, new information on the Megs microfiber correction. Does this new system make things easier than using the flex and regular pads? If I have slight swirls I would just use the finishing wax" Thats it? Would I use a wax on top of that to protect it longer? Should I just buy the Megs kit with the Megs DA, or the Griots with the microfiber pads, because it looks like the Flex is not going to work with the Megs MF pads. Easier would be better for me. I mean, I can get the flex and foam pads, or another DA and the Megs MF pads. What would you guys recommend. Sorry, all over the place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast