autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 OPM on each setting?

I just did some testing. I taped off 3 sections. First, I used the 3401, surbuf, ultimate compound, speed 6. Second, Flex 3401, MF cutting disc, D300, speed 4. Third, GG DA, MF cutting disc, D300, speed 5.

GG DA/D300/MF cut the best, followed by surbuf/UC/3401, followed by the 3401/MF/D300.

It makes sense the 3401 did not cut nearly as well as the others because the pad was rotating at ~3000 OPM.

I will PM those requested the correct OPM's of the 3401 once I get it from Kevin Brown.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Flex 3401/MF cutting disc/speed 4/D300

GG DA/MF cutting disc/speed 5/D300

It's clearly obvious that the GG DA/MF/D300 cut noticeably better. Now, if I used speed 6 with the 3401, it obviously would have cut better becaue the OPM's are higher(4800), but at speed 6, it just doesn't feel right when using the MF system.
    '03 Corvette Z06

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry..I forgot..after using it for a week you now have more experience then someone who was testing it for years and posted the speeds that work well with the flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    Sorry..I forgot..after using it for a week you now have more experience then someone who was testing it for years and posted the speeds that work well with the flex.
    I'm posting MY results. THE FLEX 3401 DOES NOT WORK NEARLY AS WELL WITH THE MF SYSTEM COMPARED TO A TRADITIONAL DA! THAT'S A FACT!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I just did some testing. I taped off 3 sections. First, I used the 3401, surbuf, ultimate compound, speed 6. Second, Flex 3401, MF cutting disc, D300, speed 4. Third, GG DA, MF cutting disc, D300, speed 5.

GG DA/D300/MF cut the best, followed by surbuf/UC/3401, followed by the 3401/MF/D300.

It makes sense the 3401 did not cut nearly as well as the others because the pad was rotating at ~3000 OPM.

I will PM those requested the correct OPM's of the 3401 once I get it from Kevin Brown.
    For someone that said he was done with this thread you sure have devoted plenty more time to it. I am glad you decided to continue being productive and not being like others that just walk away and not be productive to the forum. Thanks for your reviews here. I think we all should just be consistent on here(in life in general).
    So did you try to adjust things with the Flex3401 to get the same results as with a "regular" D.A.? This is a very specific system which doesn't seem to allow the user to stray from what the designers intended for it/it for. We all just need to remember it is NEW. There are "old" things that people still test/experiment with so I don't see the Megs MF system being any different for quite a long time, if ever.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    For someone that said he was done with this thread you sure have devoted plenty more time to it. I am glad you decided to continue being productive and not being like others that just walk away and not be productive to the forum. Thanks for your reviews here. I think we all should just be consistent on here(in life in general).
    So did you try to adjust things with the Flex3401 to get the same results as with a "regular" D.A.? This is a very specific system which doesn't seem to allow the user to stray from what the designers intended for it/it for. We all just need to remember it is NEW. There are "old" things that people still test/experiment with so I don't see the Megs MF system being any different for quite a long time, if ever.
    Check out post #22.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Alright. I guess I posted my previous post a little too late. You guys are getting a bit heated over something is new to everyone. I think if anyone has probably with someone's review/results they should try to improve upon it their self and see if they have better/different results. We are all in this together and for one another, so lets keep this a positive forum, which equals productive. Maybe you should both take a timeout from posting towards each other. You are both obviously getting worked up over the MF system. Don't think this the kind of excited Megs wants from people with any of their products.lol
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    Alright. I guess I posted my previous post a little too late. You guys are getting a bit heated over something is new to everyone. I think if anyone has probably with someone's review/results they should try to improve upon it their self and see if they have better/different results. We are all in this together and for one another, so lets keep this a positive forum, which equals productive. Maybe you should both take a timeout from posting towards each other. You are both obviously getting worked up over the MF system. Don't think this the kind of excited Megs wants from people with any of their products.lol
    You're right, Shaun.

I don't want this to turn into anymore of a pissing match.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Mark I am just glad to see that you are getting these results with the GG D/A.
    I plan on using this system with the GG D/A and this kind of documentation is encouraging. If it works well that is all that matters.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I saw #22 z-oh-6. I think if that post would have been with your initial response post then it would helped some people on here better understand your point. It's just funny how no one that I recall has shown results between the Flex3401 and a less-forced rotation DA being equal using the MF system, yet you guys are arguing about it like someone has gotten better results than what z-oh-6 has posted here. Not everyone's techniques are the same, nor is everyone's paints going to bear/show the same results to everyone. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree and just gather info and use it for your em-betterment(think I made up a word/typo'd). Take a deep breathe and relax and realize we are all trying to get to the same place; most of the time, anyway.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast