autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Flex pads

Post Thanks / Like

Flex pads

HELLO GUYS

I want your opinions guys because i want the best .waht is the best pads and diametre for flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex pads

Quote Originally Posted by SPIROS ANTONIOU View Post
    HELLO GUYS

I want your opinions guys because i want the best .waht is the best pads and diametre for flex 3401
    6.5in Surbuf MicroFingers R Series Buffing Pads /CCS Smart Pads IMO
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    6.5in Surbuf MicroFingers R Series Buffing Pads /CCS Smart Pads IMO
    thanks my friend i was looking too for the ccs smart pads

Post Thanks / Like

The best pads for a Flex 3401 are the ones that are larger in diameter than the backing plate. Kind of like the best wax for a car is the kind that is derived from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree.

My point is that you will get a ton of different answers for this question. I have a lot of different pads that will fit the Flex 3401 and it depends on which particular paint system, color of paint, size of panel, degree of correction I am shooting for etc. etc.

There are too many variables to what can be done with a polisher to say what is the best pad. Like with wax, it will be purely be a matter of opinion. I happen to reach for a Lake Country 6 inch variable contact pad most of the time, color depends on what my intentions are at the time so I'll say that whichever pad gets the job done is the best and I may go through 3 or 4 different type or brand of pad on a test panel to gain the knowledge of which is best for the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    The best pads for a Flex 3401 are the ones that are larger in diameter than the backing plate. Kind of like the best wax for a car is the kind that is derived from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree.

My point is that you will get a ton of different answers for this question. I have a lot of different pads that will fit the Flex 3401 and it depends on which particular paint system, color of paint, size of panel, degree of correction I am shooting for etc. etc.

There are too many variables to what can be done with a polisher to say what is the best pad. Like with wax, it will be purely be a matter of opinion. I happen to reach for a Lake Country 6 inch variable contact pad most of the time, color depends on what my intentions are at the time so I'll say that whichever pad gets the job done is the best and I may go through 3 or 4 different type or brand of pad on a test panel to gain the knowledge of which is best for the job.
    thanks mate

Post Thanks / Like

The larger the pad, the less control you have with RO. I tend to say with 6" pads as most LC produced ones are tapered anyway. The selection of one versus another is a function of what type of surface you are working on. I always do a test with different pads that I think might work. The surbuff pads have more cut as they try to mimic a wool pad effect IMO, just be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GaDetailDoc View Post
    The larger the pad, the less control you have with RO. I tend to say with 6" pads as most LC produced ones are tapered anyway. The selection of one versus another is a function of what type of surface you are working on. I always do a test with different pads that I think might work. The surbuff pads have more cut as they try to mimic a wool pad effect IMO, just be careful.
    Thank you my friend for your replay but unfortunetely i dont have the budget to have many pads so i have to decide for a beginer set thats way i ask ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPIROS ANTONIOU View Post
    Thank you my friend for your replay but unfortunetely i dont have the budget to have many pads so i have to decide for a beginer set thats way i ask ..
    You will find that your collection will grow over time if you strive to work in the industry or simply do work for others. This is when your products will vary. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GaDetailDoc View Post
    You will find that your collection will grow over time if you strive to work in the industry or simply do work for others. This is when your products will vary. Good Luck!
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I use a trimmed down backing plate with 5.5" pads - I like better than the 6.5" pads on standard BP (easier to control, smoother, more consistant results).

Regards,
    GEWB
    Linux Reg. User #206357 (Feb. '99)
    "Can't get there from here."