autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 videos

Quote Originally Posted by 350z00m View Post
    i dont think it would have made much differance between 25 or 15 lbs prssure.. with PCXP,GG it would just bog down but with flex... not sure..

Jay

It does not slows it down...

Post Thanks / Like

thats y i checked. i ALWAYS look for how-to-vids or what not before taking any advise.i'm just saying check for yourself with search option so u dont run into this problem. i dont think it would have made much differance between 25 or 15 lbs prssure.. with PCXP,GG it would just bog down but with flex... not sure...

Jay
    Please don't take me wrong, this is not a personal attack by any means. Just making my point that there really does need to be more instructions on how to do things properly with a Flex and everyone that owns a Flex can all communicate with the correct advice given by absolute pros of the trade. I consider Mike an absolute pro.

Mike doing a :90 video and a few videos from Hong Kong just aren't enough to learn from. Right now, there are more videos on the new Flex rotary that hasn't even been released yet than there for the 3401 that's been out for a couple of years.

With winter weather here, I could sure use some videos so when spring rolls around, I'll be ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike doing a :90 video and a few videos from Hong Kong just aren't enough to learn from. Right now, there are more videos on the new Flex rotary that hasn't even been released yet than there for the 3401 that's been out for a couple of years.

With winter weather here, I could sure use some videos so when spring rolls around, I'll be ready.[/QUOTE]

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
    This is why I think there should be more instructional videos. What if I had taken your advice and put 25lb's of pressure on my brand new car with my brand new Flex?
    Your car would have been just fine, honestly, I have put more pressure than that...

But since you had already seen all the videos on youtube you should have known how much pressure to apply already...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the flex is so foolproof that there is no need to make that many videos, the couple that are out are more than enough to get anyone going and then learn for real with practice...

Is you don't want to learn on your own car, just go to a body shop and get a pice of scrap like a fender and use it to practice on...

Quote Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
    Please don't take me wrong, this is not a personal attack by any means. Just making my point that there really does need to be more instructions on how to do things properly with a Flex and everyone that owns a Flex can all communicate with the correct advice given by absolute pros of the trade. I consider Mike an absolute pro.

With winter weather here, I could sure use some videos so when spring rolls around, I'll be ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Your car would have been just fine, honestly, I have put more pressure than that...

But since you had already seen all the videos on youtube you should have known how much pressure to apply already...
    Well, I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. Before I got my G110V2 the first of September, for 4 month before that, I watch a lot of videos on how to right here, at MOL and youtube. I read everything I could about the DA before making my purchase and putting that thing on my car, and I'll bet you there's a bunch more people out there that did and still do the same thing.

Right now, there's really not a forum just for the Flex. Oh, this is one but all anyone does is say "I ordered mine", "Congratulations, you'll love it", "What pads did you get" and that's about the extent of any talk about the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

i used mine just like i would a PCXP.... works great... nothing really changed for me between PCXP and Flex... besides the Forced Rotation...same pressure and all.

Hope this helps

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

i used mine just like i would a PCXP.... works great... nothing really changed for me between PCXP and Flex... besides the Forced Rotation...same pressure and all.

Hope this helps

Jay
    And this is all I have been trying to say...

The only difference is that you get done faster, that is why it is called a different beast...

Post Thanks / Like

I've had that new Flex 3401 for a month now and still haven't buffed a car. Guess it'll be spring before I can pull it out of the bag. I put some pads in there to keep it warm.
    If it's OK with everyone else, I'd still like to see some videos.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

go to youtube and type in "flex 3401 vrg" and there will be a handful of videos to watch...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast