autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex dual action

hey guys

I just wondering about flex 3401.i have a cyclo polisher and works just fine for me.I have also the makita but iam practising on it .I never used the flex i dont know to work it.I read the flex can burn the paint(that is what iam afraid about makita).i always had α query
    flex or cyclo.iam not a pro detailer iam just a fan of a clean swirl free car.Can flex leave holograms as the rotary?what is your opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex dual action

I'm a fairly inexperienced detailer and I use the Flex. I've never had an issue with paint burning or anything negative. You just can't stay in one place for a long period of time. Same with any other machine.
    There's an old adage:
    "A bad hammer doesn't make a bad carpenter and vice versa"
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    I'm a fairly inexperienced detailer and I use the Flex. I've never had an issue with paint burning or anything negative. You just can't stay in one place for a long period of time. Same with any other machine.
    There's an old adage:
    "A bad hammer doesn't make a bad carpenter and vice versa"
    I agree with you that you cant stay in one place i tried with the rotary just to see how easily burn the paint .As you can undersant i burn my practising wood
    But now i am wondering if i make the mistake and bought the cyclo because i dont find easily the pads

Mike Phillips

The Flex 3401 doesn't generate heat to the surface like a rotary buffer does, this by itself makes it safer as far as burning through the paint or striking through the paint.

One thing I always tell people apprehensive about using the "safe" machine polishers when it comes to the topic of causing damage or specifically burning through the paint is that if you burn through the paint using a DA Polisher, Flex 3401 or Cyclo, you probably would have went through the paint working by hand.

In other words, at least part of the problem is thin paint to start with.

If you're working on a brand new car or even a newer car and no Caveman Detailer has hacked it up before you get your hands on it, then there's really nothing to worry about as long as you use common sense.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SPIROS ANTONIOU View Post

But now i am wondering if i make the mistake and bought the Cyclo because i dont find easily the pads

We carry multiple types of pads and even attachment systems for the Cyclo and also brushes.

Look here...

Cyclo Polisher, Pads and Brushes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    We carry multiple types of pads and even attachment systems for the Cyclo and also brushes.

Look here...

yes ihave seen these pads for cyclo but iam from cyprus and how much will be the shipping cost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Look here...

and another question can flex polish the tights areas because i have seen only with the original backing plates .can you put smaller pads such as 4 inches like cyclo

Mike Phillips

yes ihave seen these pads for cyclo but iam from cyprus and how much will be the shipping cost
    Here's a page with shipping information,

Autogeek.net Frequently Asked Questions

Here's an excerpt...

What are the shipping rates for international destinations?
    Due to increased shipping costs, we require a $100 minimum purchase on international orders. Shipping on international orders will vary. We ask that international customers place an order on the website and choose International Shipping for the shipping option. Your credit card will not be charged at this time. *If you pay via PayPal, funds will be automatically withdrawn by PayPal. Within 1-3 business days of receiving your order, we will email you a shipping rate quote based on the actual weight of your order. Upon your approval of the quote, we will charge your credit card and ship your order. We cannot ship your order until we receive your approval. *Please note, if you add anything to your order after we have calculated shipping, the price will increase because of the increased weight.
    • We are not responsible for duties, taxes, brokerage fees, or tariffs.
    • We cannot control delivery times to international destinations.
    • We cannot ship aerosol products or custom items internationally.

Note: Shipping is what it is, by that I mean there's a certain cost of moving a product from point A to point B and those costs are out of our control.

can flex polish the tights areas because i have seen only with the original backing plates .can you put smaller pads such as 4 inches like cyclo
    The Cyclo Pads are 4" in diameter...

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys

I just wondering about flex 3401.i have a cyclo polisher and works just fine for me.I have also the makita but iam practising on it .I never used the flex i dont know to work it.I read the flex can burn the paint(that is what iam afraid about makita).i always had α query
    flex or cyclo.iam not a pro detailer iam just a fan of a clean swirl free car.Can flex leave holograms as the rotary?what is your opinions
    Hello!

If you're fairly comfortable with a rotary polisher then you'll really enjoy using the Flex 3401!

Before I bought the Flex I was using a Makita 9227 rotary and a Porter Cable 7424. Both of these units work very well but I've always been of the opinion that the Porter Cable 7424 was a little underpowered for paint correction.

Earlier this year I added a Flex 3401 to my arsenal and I have to say that this machine is light years ahead of the leading competitor. Its design is very well thought out. Its very comfortable, powerful and cuts the paint correction time in half due to it's power and forced rotation.

It's a very user friendly machine and once you try it you won't want to put it down!

If you're afraid of generating too much heat you'll only have that issue when using a rotary polisher. While the Flex has a mechanical forced rotation it does not rotate or oscillate fast enough to generate heat.

Hope this helps!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hello!

If you're fairly comfortable with a rotary polisher then you'll really enjoy using the Flex 3401!

Before I bought the Flex I was using a Makita 9227 rotary and a Porter Cable 7424. Both of these units work very well but I've always been of the opinion that the Porter Cable 7424 was a little underpowered for paint correction.

Earlier this year I added a Flex 3401 to my arsenal and I have to say that this machine is light years ahead of the leading competitor. Its design is very well thought out. Its very comfortable, powerful and cuts the paint correction time in half due to it's power and forced rotation.

It's a very user friendly machine and once you try it you won't want to put it down!

If you're afraid of generating too much heat you'll only have that issue when using a rotary polisher. While the Flex has a mechanical forced rotation it does not rotate or oscillate fast enough to generate heat.

Hope this helps!
    yes my friend you are very helpful.that proves that i make a mistake.:-)how you polish tight areas.can you put on flex smaller pads than the 6 or 5.75?