autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XC 3401 VRG

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    That's odd. I usually just press the center firmly to get the velcro to stick, and I've never had an issue.
    I do press in the center. i press and press, with my palm, with my fingers, and I even try to rub it in a bit while pressing. I bought 12 of these. I've tried 7 of them so far. The rest are unopened. The Flex was new when I used the pads. All I have to do is tap the flex against my hand and the pads pop off. Once one hit the ground because of it, which was the orange pad, because it is so stiff. Basically, the stiffer the pad, the more the center of the pad resists the velcro, because of the way that the pad is molded in a dome shape. Also, because there is no velcro on the back of the pad where "KOMPRESSOR" is written in big letters, there is even less velcro on the pad with which to stick on. Lastly, the white velcro on the back of the pad is of a much smaller diameter than on the other pads. Basically, there are two dome shaped sections of velcro on the back of the pad that are just less than 25% of the surface area of the CCS pads. That and the dome shaped cross section of the pad means it comes off. Maybe there is something wrong with mine. I sure would like replacements, maybe in hydro tech.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthornone View Post
    I do press in the center. i press and press, with my palm, with my fingers, and I even try to rub it in a bit while pressing. I bought 12 of these. I've tried 7 of them so far. The rest are unopened. The Flex was new when I used the pads. All I have to do is tap the flex against my hand and the pads pop off. Once one hit the ground because of it, which was the orange pad, because it is so stiff. Basically, the stiffer the pad, the more the center of the pad resists the velcro, because of the way that the pad is molded in a dome shape. Also, because there is no velcro on the back of the pad where "KOMPRESSOR" is written in big letters, there is even less velcro on the pad with which to stick on. Lastly, the white velcro on the back of the pad is of a much smaller diameter than on the other pads. Basically, there are two dome shaped sections of velcro on the back of the pad that are just less than 25% of the surface area of the CCS pads. That and the dome shaped cross section of the pad means it comes off. Maybe there is something wrong with mine. I sure would like replacements, maybe in hydro tech.
    Just curious, have you tried another pad manufacture? I'm wondering if the velcro backing plate that came with the unit is the problem.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone lubricate the felt ring on these units prior to using? I read an article on this but find no reference in the manual.

Post Thanks / Like

I just Got my Flex and am getting ready to go use it on it's first job. I also have the 9227, G110V2, Cyclo and Griot's 3" dust collecter. (it just takes up room on a shelf) After I drink my coffee I am going to do a Buick Park Avenue so I'll have lots of real estate to get used to my new machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Does anyone lubricate the felt ring on these units prior to using? I read an article on this but find no reference in the manual.
    I've had my Flex for over a year and I never oiled the ring. At the beginning, I was worried when the plate got really hot, but I found out that it's normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Just curious, have you tried another pad manufacture? I'm wondering if the velcro backing plate that came with the unit is the problem.
    I wondered that too, but I tried the CCS SMART PADS, and they stick really really well, like they're glued on practically.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthornone View Post
    Then just give us a call at 1-800-869-3011 and we can exchange the unused pads for which ever ones you'd like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    Then just give us a call at 1-800-869-3011 and we can exchange the unused pads for which ever ones you'd like.
    You just can't beat that for customer service!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    I've had my Flex for over a year and I never oiled the ring. At the beginning, I was worried when the plate got really hot, but I found out that it's normal.
    There was a problem with the early made backing plates that would over heat that's were the oiling of the BP came into play.Even though i have a newer one i still removed mine and used some 3in1 oil and lightly lubed the BP better save then sorry.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    There was a problem with the early made backing plates that would over heat that's were the oiling of the BP came into play.Even though i have a newer one i still removed mine and used some 3in1 oil and lightly lubed the BP better save then sorry.
    Good to know!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast