Quote Originally Posted by the_invisible View Post
There is some truth to that, but it all depends on the method, such as pressure, product used, and the type of machine being utilized.

The beauty of the aggressive HT pad is that if you find it "too" aggressive, you could always turn the machine down a notch and/or use a less aggressive product. This is possible because the HT pads are capable of finishing fairly nicely.

I take it that most of the guys who prefer the flat pads are mainly referring to their preferences in the context of the dual action polisher. I personally like to use the CCS pads. They are more pleasant to work with on the rotary, less hopping and walking. For the DA, flat pads offer slightly better cuts because of the higher surface area, this trait is especially desirable especially when the KBM is used with ALOT of pressure where rotation is minimal. The reduced surface area of the CCS doesn't seem to be a problem with the rotary, mainly because the pad rotates at a constant speed as opposed to mainly wriggling in an orbit.

I think I possess almost all the pads AG has to offer. I still find myself use the CCS a lot.
Thanks for the detailed response.

I ended up buying 3 LC Flat orange pads, 3 LC Flat white pads, 2 LC Hydro-Tech Tangerine Pads, and 1 LC Flat grey pad. Plus someone gave me 2 LC Black pads as well.