Quote Originally Posted by 2011wahoo View Post
I have neither machine yet but viewing the two companies for what they are:

FLEX is a highly respected German power-tool manufacturer who specializes in engineering and producing just that... power tools. Their innovation in the entire field of power tools has been second to none, not just concerning the 3401. FLEX produces their own tools, they not outsource to China for the production of their power-tools. When you buy a FLEX power-tool you know you are buying a machine made to the highest standards.

Griots Garage is a highly respected "automotive enthusiast product" company, for lack of a better description. Griots is not solely a "power-tool" company like FLEX. The Griots polisher, while it may be a great polisher, was not designed by Griots nor was it made by Griots, as it clearly reads "Made in China."
Also well said.

All I know is my Audi was very hard to correct, I couldn't imagine polishing it without the forced rotation of my Flex, but it's the only polisher I've used soo...

Anyone in the Seattle, WA area that owns a Griot's and also wants to try the Flex? I would love to meet up and try each others machines so I can form an opinion of my own.

IMO Flex is a "pro" tool and Griots is a "consumer" tool, both of which will produce results based on skill level and technique. So "find something you like, and use it often"