autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GG polisher is as good as the 3401?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch34 View Post
    NO WAY I can afford the Flex lol Nor do I need a $300 DA, I'll be fine with the GG. But this whole thing about it breaking down bothers me.. *sigh* Researching it will have to wait a few weeks tho.
    There are also threads here with people having problems with the Flex as well. Let's face it, neither machine is as reliable as the Cyclo. As for the price of the Flex? I'll most likely be selling my Cyclo and it's pads to cover a lot of the cost of the upgrade. Hopefully I can find someone who owns a 747 though, as according to Richard Griot, that's the only thing Cyclo's are good for. Yes, he did actually say that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    There are also threads here with people having problems with the Flex as well. Let's face it, neither machine is as reliable as the Cyclo. As for the price of the Flex? I'll most likely be selling my Cyclo and it's pads to cover a lot of the cost of the upgrade. Hopefully I can find someone who owns a 747 though, as according to Richard Griot, that's the only thing Cyclo's are good for. Yes, he did actually say that.
    Richard has only 1 buffer to sell unlike AG. So of course his is the best. Besides the Flex which is not a true DA, but a hybred with force rotation...Griot DA has the most power compared to PC and Megs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Richard has only 1 buffer to sell unlike AG. So of course his is the best. Besides the Flex which is not a true DA, but a hybred with force rotation...Griot DA has the most power compared to PC and Megs.
    Thats an excellent point surfer. i dont think its fair to throw FLEX in the same category as GG, PC and Megs because its a different machine. Thats like comparing a GG DA to a Makita Rotary. Its a Forced rotation Dual Action and you pay twice as much for that mechanism. PC, Megs and GG should be compared to each other.

If one has a rotary (forced rotation) polisher already its sort of redundant to have a Flex as well because the new generation DA's work just fine. Whats more important than motor strength is the throw if the orbits because thats where your true polishing power comes from anyway.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I see. So the Griot's is more comparable to the PC then. This is what I was thinking, but some of the threads and posts I was reading made it seem on par with the Flex. I was under the impression that the GG was a rebadged PC 7424XP.

Post Thanks / Like

I see. So the Griot's is more comparable to the PC then. This is what I was thinking, but some of the threads and posts I was reading made it seem on par with the Flex. I was under the impression that the GG was a rebadged PC 7424XP.
    PC is made by black and decker. GG is made by an unknown manufacturer in china, but it's definitely not a bulletproof company like black and decker.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I can find someone who owns a 747 though, as according to Richard Griot, that's the only thing Cyclo's are good for.
    LOL!!!!

I'm seriously starting to lose some respect for Richard.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    LOL!!!!

I'm seriously starting to lose some respect for Richard.
    Sounds like QVC to me.

http://s7d4.scene7.com/e2/eVideo.jsp...whyorbital.flv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    PC is made by black and decker. GG is made by an unknown manufacturer in china, but it's definitely not a bulletproof company like black and decker.
    Where did you see or hear that info from? When I got my PC years ago I swear the box said made in China. Regardless where it is made in China it is still made in China IMO!

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbos17 View Post
    Where did you see or hear that info from? When I got my PC years ago I swear the box said made in China. Regardless where it is made in China it is still made in China IMO!
    Google it.
    Last edited by WRAPT C5Z06; 01-24-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Flex is the better of the two machines by far....they're not even in the same league. The weak link is the backing plate. If you get the Flex buy an additional backing plate and stash it away until needed.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast