autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GG polisher is as good as the 3401?

Quote Originally Posted by 360_detail View Post
    WHAT??? really?? Im a member of 2 forums...Jeepforum and Autogeek. People sell stuff on JF all the time. They even have a dedicated thread for sale items....

Why is this? No one has said anything to me about it...

anyway, to the OP, I dont get it....you're not even detailing for money, what was so horribly slow about GG that you paid an extra 150 to shave all of an hour off your detail? Succumbed to overhype maybe? You're vehicles dont need extensive polish all the time so why not use a GG? Did you return it? Want to sell it? I want one.

I have no need for a Flex. I just got a Makita and it is very smooth and easy to use. I can use a DA for the awkward areas and finishing if needed...To each his own bro.
    I'm the OP and I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't have a GG or a Flex...yet. My question was is the GG as good as the Flex? It seems the answer is no it's not but GG users here seem to think it's better because it's cheaper or they own one. I'm happy for you and your Makita...bro.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but your reasoning for me not detailing for money makes no sense as to why I opted for the 3401. It's a *direct drive* DA, the GG is not. The build shape is like a rotary, GG is not. Feels *much* better in my hands. It has a lock button so I don't have to hold the trigger all the time. It's *much* better quality than the GG. I don't care if I polish one car every five years, when I do, I want the best DA experience. Good enough reasons?
    Exactly. I didn't ask anyone which machine is worth the money more. I asked which one was better. As I was saying in my first post I want a machine that can do 90% of what the combo of my Cyclo and Dewalt 849 can now, but in a lot less time. It appears to me that the Griot's is inferior as it doesn't have the forced rotation. I might be wrong though and this is why I'm here to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post

PS, Richard Griot is out of his mind telling people not to use a rotary no matter how much experience you have.
    What a moron, seriously. I understand he wants to sell his product, but damn, don't be foolish. I can't believe he said that...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats cool I was more or less saying that if you're doing your own car why the rush to shave an hour thats all. People have been polishing paint with just a basic PC for YEARS. With the right polish and pad combo you can get anything out with a PC. It just may take longer. If you have serious defects you can always wet sand and then machine it out...was just trying to save a weekend warrior an extra 150. But if you can float the bill then by all means!
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    It appears to me that the Griot's is inferior as it doesn't have the forced rotation.
    The GG does not have forced rotation. The build quality of the Flex is way better. There's been a few threads on how GG polishers have quit on them. The GG is not a bad polisher, I just think the 3401 is a lot better in several different ways.

Post Thanks / Like

The GG does not have forced rotation. The build quality of the Flex is way better. There's been a few threads on how GG polishers have quit on them. The GG is not a bad polisher, I just think the 3401 is a lot better in several different ways.
    What do you mean by that? They break down quickly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch34 View Post
    What do you mean by that? They break down quickly?
    I didn't have a problem with mine for the short time I had it, but there's been a few threads on how the GG have broke down on them. If you search, I'm sure you can find some threads. I'm not saying the GG is a horrible polisher, it's not! There's just a better DA out there........the FLEX 3401!!!

Post Thanks / Like

NO WAY I can afford the Flex lol Nor do I need a $300 DA, I'll be fine with the GG. But this whole thing about it breaking down bothers me.. *sigh* Researching it will have to wait a few weeks tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 360_detail View Post
    WHAT??? really?? Im a member of 2 forums...Jeepforum and Autogeek. People sell stuff on JF all the time. They even have a dedicated thread for sale items....

Why is this? No one has said anything to me about it...

anyway, to the OP, I dont get it....you're not even detailing for money, what was so horribly slow about GG that you paid an extra 150 to shave all of an hour off your detail? Succumbed to overhype maybe? You're vehicles dont need extensive polish all the time so why not use a GG? Did you return it? Want to sell it? I want one.

I have no need for a Flex. I just got a Makita and it is very smooth and easy to use. I can use a DA for the awkward areas and finishing if needed...To each his own bro.
    using a Makita and a DA. Read the rules you cannot advertise anything for sale. You can trade, but not sell. Any yes, other sites allow you to sell, so post your UDM there.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have a problem with mine for the short time I had it, but there's been a few threads on how the GG have broke down on them. If you search, I'm sure you can find some threads. I'm not saying the GG is a horrible polisher, it's not! There's just a better DA out there........the FLEX 3401!!!
    I've heard of the 1st generation mini Griot breaking down, but only a couple new Griot having problems. Hell, even PC will sometimes have problems.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast