autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st run with Flex-Dayuuuuum!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Hey, you can correct anything that the Flex can correct. If you are doing this for a living than a Flex and Rotary is in order. However, if you are maintaining your own cars than a pc or griot is sufficient. You are only polishing once or twice a year, so it's not like you need a powerfjul machine everyday.
    On 90% of cars this is correct. Trying to correct the rock hard paint on my car with a UDM was a very frustrating experience. It took forever to get marring out. Now, wool and a rotary are my friends when my car has swirling. The UDM is now used for applying clearners, AIO's, glazes, LSP's, cleaning carpets with carpet brushes and when doing one step polishes on other peoples cars with paint not near as hard as my car's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    On 90% of cars this is correct. Trying to correct the rock hard paint on my car with a UDM was a very frustrating experience. It took forever to get marring out. Now, wool and a rotary are my friends when my car has swirling. The UDM is now used for applying clearners, AIO's, glazes, LSP's, cleaning carpets with carpet brushes and when doing one step polishes on other peoples cars with paint not near as hard as my car's.
    Very true Bert, but with proper washing and drying you won't have to bust out the rotary for six months. My point being, once the major flaws are corrected, maintaining is a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Hey, you can correct anything that the Flex can correct. If you are doing this for a living than a Flex and Rotary is in order. However, if you are maintaining your own cars than a pc or griot is sufficient. You are only polishing once or twice a year, so it's not like you need a powerfjul machine everyday.
    I started with a PC that my wonderful wife bought for me last year and never really used it. Never really knew how to be honest. This year, I learned and quickly hated the PC once I tried the Flex. This lead me to almost immediately ditch (sell) the PC and get a 3401. It is a night and day difference, even though I started by just working on my own cars.

I have only owned it a short period of time, but I have lots of experience using the PC in the previous details I have done and can tell you this machine is amazing. Thanks to Dwayne from AG and Bob from Flex for making time for me at SEMA to go over the benefits. These guys rock!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12