autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New LC Hydro-Tech Pads w/Flex?

Hi Guys,

After holding and feeling the Flex DA yesterday at the Poorboy's Detailing Week-End yesterday, I HAVE to get one. I have $510 worth of equipment in my shopping cart - Flex DA, PO203S, SIP, Tangerine Pads, Cyan Pads, etc. but I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Here's my question: AG's description says that the new Hydro-Tech Tangerine Pads have the cutting ability just below that of an Orange Pad and finish down like a Gray Pad. Does this mean that if I used a Tangerine pad with a Flex and 106FA (which I already have), will it have Orange-like cut and finish down like a Gray Pad? Or does it mean that I will have to use SIP or PO203S to get Orange-like cut, and then follow up with 106FA to finish down like a gray pad?

I am getting both Tangerine and Cyan Pads, but used the Tangerine Pad as an example to properly explain my question.

Thanks,
    Emile
    Last edited by Emile; 10-04-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New LC Hydro-Tech Pads w/Flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    will it have Orange-like cut and finish down like a Gray Pad? Or does it mean that I will have to use SIP or PO203S to get Orange-like cut, and then follow up with 106FA to finish down like a gray pad?
    Great question, I am curious about this as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hi Guys,

After holding and feeling the Flex DA yesterday at the Poorboy's Detailing Week-End yesterday, I HAVE to get one. I have $510 worth of equipment in my shopping cart - Flex DA, PO203S, SIP, Tangerine Pads, Cyan Pads, etc. but I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Here's my question: AG's description says that the new Hydro-Tech Tangerine Pads have the cutting ability just below that of an Orange Pad and finish down like a Gray Pad. Does this mean that if I used a Tangerine pad with a Flex and 106FA (which I already have), will it have Orange-like cut and finish down like a Gray Pad? Or does it mean that I will have to use SIP or PO203S to get Orange-like cut, and then follow up with 106FA to finish down like a gray pad?

I am getting both Tangerine and Cyan Pads, but used the Tangerine Pad as an example to properly explain my question.

Thanks,
    Emile
    Tangerine pad is like a white Lake country polish pad and the Cyan is like the orange light cutting pad from lake county. Both pads are prob alittle more aggresive then the pads I compaired them to. i got to us both yesturdya at AG 101 class. Both very nice pads.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Tangerine pad is like a white Lake country polish pad and the Cyan is like the orange light cutting pad from lake county. Both pads are prob alittle more aggresive then the pads I compaired them to. i got to us both yesturdya at AG 101 class. Both very nice pads.
    Does the Cyan pad finish down LSP-ready? I just placed the order anyways, and the Flex comes with two free 6.5" CCS Blue Pads, but I was counting on at least finishing down with 106FA and a Cyan Hydro Pad.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

It came, guys! It's all here!! I can't wait to use the Flex and the new Hydro Pads...I'm gonna be busy polishing this week-end.

I will let you guys know how the Hydro Pads work for me.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

My first impression with the Hydro pads is a good one. Another detailer (adrock) and myself used the tangerine pads to tackle a one step express detail the other day and we both had a smile on our face. I personally like the beefier feel of the pad. Some have said it feels too thick, but that's actually what I like about it.