autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

lk603vvb just got mine

just got my new flex lk603vvb i will post a review, i will take pics, and whatever else ok cant talk anymore got to get started.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lk603vvb just got mine

Quote Originally Posted by 02nissanISR View Post
    just got my new flex lk603vvb i will post a review, i will take pics, and whatever else ok cant talk anymore got to get started.
    Awesome man! I know you will love it!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Its one sexy piece of equipment, and I don't just say that about any tool. I find myself looking for things to buff now. Pound for Pound, dollar per dollar you cant beat it.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: lk603vvb just got mine

Ok first impressions...its a nice machine not too heavy, well balanced, and i really like the progressive trigger. That being said i am new at this ive only used a rotary once before (makita9227) on that i was told to angle the pad slightly(edge 2000 dura foam). Well thats what i ordered with the flex and on the package it says not to angle the pad but use it flat. Doing this made it grab a little, so at times it wasn't so smooth. The other problem i'm having is i'm not sure what speed i should set the machine to, which i think may be contributing to the grabing (its going to slow?). I didnt push the machine over 2. Is it me, the pads or the speed or all three i dont know i chose these pads because of the quick disconnect ive been using ccs pads with my pc. any advice please i can take it.

note all issues stated were separate from the machine the flex is nice i think i just need to learn how to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02nissanISR View Post
    Ok first impressions...its a nice machine not too heavy, well balanced, and i really like the progressive trigger. That being said i am new at this ive only used a rotary once before (makita9227) on that i was told to angle the pad slightly(edge 2000 dura foam). Well thats what i ordered with the flex and on the package it says not to angle the pad but use it flat. Doing this made it grab a little, so at times it wasn't so smooth. The other problem i'm having is i'm not sure what speed i should set the machine to, which i think may be contributing to the grabing (its going to slow?). I didnt push the machine over 2. Is it me, the pads or the speed or all three i dont know i chose these pads because of the quick disconnect ive been using ccs pads with my pc. any advice please i can take it.

note all issues stated were separate from the machine the flex is nice i think i just need to learn how to use it.
    Dont hold the polisher at the top of the handle, hold it by the side. Also dont try to hold it super tight, thats not to say don't hold it but dont have a death grip on it. Let the machine guide itself a bit I never go over speed 2 unless I need a little extra I use speed 3 for getting rid of sanding marks.

I used to operate a Rotary floor polisher when I worked a lot at Publix way back when and I used the same principles when operating a rotary buffer, don't try to over control the machine you will lose it every time. Try this, put the buffer on your windshield with a pad and some polish. You cant burn the glass and you can work on getting the right feel for the Polisher. Sorry I cant explain it better its just something you have to do and figure out through real experience hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks i did notice that i was holding it a little tight at times. and holding it to the side of the bail handle i can see where that would put less pressure on the head. good points. any feedback on the pads not to sound like i'm pushing the blame somewhere other than user error just curious what others have to say about them(edge 2000 dura foam). Thanks again for the pointers Chris