autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flex History

Post Thanks / Like

Flex History

For those of you like me who have never heard of Flex power tools except on this forum here is a brief history. I did this research while making my decision on wether or not to buy one. By the way ultimately I did, placed my order today (lk603vvb) ENJOY

The company known as Flex has had a somewhat tumultuous history. Although production and manufacturing have remained constant, the company has changed hands numerous times. The company began as an entity called Ackermann & Schmitt and eventually adopted the Flextool name. They developed a strong reputation for producing quality power tools for the European market before eventually joining with Flex Porter-Cable, a well-known U.S. tool producer based in Jackson, Tennessee.

Under its partnership with Porter-Cable, which maintained the manufacturing facility in Steinheim, Germany, continuing to sell Flex brand tools, the group created many innovative tool designs including the first helical drive circular saw and the TigerClaw saw with adjustable head.

In 1996, Pentair Tools Group purchased Flextool along with Porter-Cable, and Pentair sold the companies to Black & Decker in October of 2004.

Throughout its history, Flextool, in conjunction with Porter-Cable produced a line of power tools that includes several types of grinders/polishers, wet edge milling machines, drills for natural stone, core drills and rigs, dust extractors, angle grinders, metal surface treatment tools and an array of accessories for all of its different tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex History

interesting indeed ...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

So Flex is actually owned by DeWalt, now ?

DeWalt and Black & Decker owns Porter Cable who owned Flex.

Did I get that right ?
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Flex History

Sounds right.....appears by the changes in ownership that the revenues from FLEX sales actually roll-up to B&D as the parent, even though it's a German operated division. Nice - can we therefore assume that while FLEX is made in Germany, the paper trail comes back to a US company, therefore making purchasing a FLEX an effort to support American commerce??

Now, if that's true.....it's a good thing!

See ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02nissanISR View Post
    For those of you like me who have never heard of Flex power tools except on this forum here is a brief history. I did this research while making my decision on wether or not to buy one. By the way ultimately I did, placed my order today (lk603vvb) ENJOY

The company known as Flex has had a somewhat tumultuous history. Although production and manufacturing have remained constant, the company has changed hands numerous times. The company began as an entity called Ackermann & Schmitt and eventually adopted the Flextool name. They developed a strong reputation for producing quality power tools for the European market before eventually joining with Flex Porter-Cable, a well-known U.S. tool producer based in Jackson, Tennessee.

Under its partnership with Porter-Cable, which maintained the manufacturing facility in Steinheim, Germany, continuing to sell Flex brand tools, the group created many innovative tool designs including the first helical drive circular saw and the TigerClaw saw with adjustable head.

In 1996, Pentair Tools Group purchased Flextool along with Porter-Cable, and Pentair sold the companies to Black & Decker in October of 2004.

Throughout its history, Flextool, in conjunction with Porter-Cable produced a line of power tools that includes several types of grinders/polishers, wet edge milling machines, drills for natural stone, core drills and rigs, dust extractors, angle grinders, metal surface treatment tools and an array of accessories for all of its different tools.
    You will LOVE your VVB! I know I love mine!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ryandamartini your review helped a lot I'm chomping at the bit right now, it should arrive in the next hour or so. Cant wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ryandamartini your review helped a lot I'm chomping at the bit right now, it should arrive in the next hour or so. Cant wait.
    Best start washing down the car!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

You make an excellent point the wife's car will be first victim... I mean test subject :-D

Post Thanks / Like

You make an excellent point the wife's car will be first victim... I mean test subject :-D
    I always use my girlfriends car as the test car. She's just happy it is always clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast