autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

First time with my flex

So yesterday i had a truck lined up to do. It had a very good case of dealer lot rot, water spots, marring, minor scratches from lot washers. So i decided i would use my flex sense iv had it for about 4 months and never used it.
    Now i have always used a rotary, so i wasnt sure what to expect with the flex. I was just had a couple questions about it.
    I noticed i really had to hold on to it, seemed like it had a lot of grab. If i eased up it would take off on me. i donno if im just use to the rotary and how smooth it is or this is just how the flexs are. I switched back to my rotary half way through. My forearms are killin me today, which never happens with my rotary.
    I was using CCS pads with the flex. So i was wondering was i do something wrong? should i try the kompressor pads? are they smoother? or do i just need to get use to the flex? it was 106 degrees yesterday, that could of contributed to it. i was priming the pad and the panel. Th
    Any tips/ help would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
    "She'll Buff Out"

Addicted To Details
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time with my flex

Hmm I think you just may have to get used to the movement of a DA polisher again! hehehe

106 O.O Not prime weather to learn or get used to anything. I would try it again on a panel and just figure out how it is most comfortable to hold it for you. Maybe do some finishing polish at lighter speeds to get the hang of it ?
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

The Flex spins in the opposite direction compared to a rotary and I think it is just a matter of getting used to the machine. You can still direct the polisher by applying pressure on the side... just the opposite side compared to a rotary. You also don't need to apply much pressure either. What speed were you using it on? After my initial run with the Flex I had it on speed 1 - 2 and it felt awkward and difficult but over time I bumped it up to 4-5 and things got better for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your pads may have attributed to the problem? I rarely have my Flex jump around on me unless I get some sticky paint at which time I switch over to wool (which also work great with the Flex). Keep at it, it is a valuabe tool to have. I love it when I'm trying to git a RID out as you can hang on that spot for awhile which if you did that with the rotary bye..bye..paint. Also no worry of Holograms