autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX XC3401 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lumadar View Post
    It's funny you say that...because more experienced users WOULD be inclined to press hard considering that is precisely what you are supposed to do with PCs, G100/G110, etc.
    Like posted many time before, thinking of Flex as PC with forced component is a mistake. One should think of it as rotary with random component. No experienced user presses hard on rotary. Pressing hard on PC is required because PC does not have enough power to correct without it. You can also do it because PC does not have enough power to easily punish you for doing so, it bogs down. Flex will not bog down, it will eat through. It is a user error. Big time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Like posted many time before, thinking of Flex as PC with forced component is a mistake. One should think of it as rotary with random component. No experienced user presses hard on rotary. Pressing hard on PC is required because PC does not have enough power to correct without it. You can also do it because PC does not have enough power to easily punish you for doing so, it bogs down. Flex will not bog down, it will eat through. It is a user error. Big time.
    Read what I wrote ZoranC. You're in such a hurry to attack me and point out my errors every time I post in every single thread that you don't even read what I write.

I said that experienced users would be more INCLINED to push hard, NOT that you should. You're posting and explaining the exact same thing I said...

Do everyone a favor and just stop replying to my posts, and I will do the same to yours. It's clear you can't let things go and it is only going to clutter the boards and detract from other users' experiences here. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Read what I wrote ZoranC. You're in such a hurry to attack me and point out my errors every time I post in every single thread that you don't even read what I write.

I said that experienced users would be more INCLINED to push hard, NOT that you should. You're posting and explaining the exact same thing I said...

Do everyone a favor and just stop replying to my posts, and I will do the same to yours. It's clear you can't let things go and it is only going to clutter the boards and detract from other users' experiences here. Thanks.
    You are reading too much between the lines and flattering yourself too much imagining and constructing things as my post contains nothing on you, but what on what was said in it. We are both free to reply to post as long as we stick to the subject. So stick to the subject and stop trying to steer things into different direction.

So, back to subject: Nobody that understands how tools actually achieve polishing would be inclined/would/<insert word of your preference here so hairs are not split> to push hard on Flex. It is a typical mistake of users coming from PC-only world / those that do not understand principles behind. Same applies to any tool that has enough torque regardless of do they have forced component or not.
    Last edited by ZoranC; 06-08-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    You are reading too much between the lines and flattering yourself too much imagining and constructing things as my post contains nothing on you, but what on what was said in it. We are both free to reply to post as long as we stick to the subject. So stick to the subject and stop trying to steer things into different direction.

So, back to subject: Nobody that understands how tools actually achieve polishing would be inclined/would/<insert word of your preference here so hairs are not split> to push hard on Flex. It is a typical mistake of users coming from PC-only world / those that do not understand principles behind. Same applies to any tool that has enough torque regardless of do they have forced component or not.
    Ok, if you want it that way...

You state that NO experienced detailer would put pressure on a FLEX, but immediately follow-up stating that someone who came from a PC background WOULD want to put pressure on the FLEX given that the flex does share many characteristics of the PC world.

You contradicted yourself one sentence after the next.

That is of course, unless you are trying to imply that no experienced detailer would have come from a PC only environment?
    Last edited by Lumadar; 06-08-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

oh boy, guys give it a rest.
    2013 Infinity JX35 White Pearl, 2009 BMW 528XI White
    1969 Primrose Yellow 4.2 XKE
    2002 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 7.3

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, if you want it that way...

You state that NO experienced detailer would put pressure on a FLEX, but immediately follow-up stating that someone who came from a PC background WOULD want to put pressure on the FLEX given that the flex does share many characteristics of the PC world.

You contradicted yourself one sentence after the next.

That is of course, unless you are trying to imply that no experienced detailer would have come from a PC only environment?
    No contradiction there. I will leave it at that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lumadar, from your post #114 one could get the impression that you are supposed to lean on the Flex. Given that Ger42 is “new to using electrical tools on cars”, it is important that he be given correct information. Zoran was trying to clarify your post by conveying that information which you apparently agree with.

If you find that Zoran is “in such a hurry to…..point out my errors” maybe your writing isn’t articulating your thoughts well. I don’t know but it’s something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SanAndreas View Post
    Lumadar, from your post #114 one could get the impression that you are supposed to lean on the Flex. Given that Ger42 is “new to using electrical tools on cars”, it is important that he be given correct information. Zoran was trying to clarify your post by conveying that information which you apparently agree with.

If you find that Zoran is “in such a hurry to…..point out my errors” maybe your writing isn’t articulating your thoughts well. I don’t know but it’s something to think about.
    I appreciate the second opinion, but I have to kindly diagree on his actual intent. The guy has literally stalked me and gone into every thread he can find of mine to try and point out flaws in my posts ever since I mentioned his bias. It's kind of flattering really, but more childish and pathetic than anything.

Unless someone was reading my post in a coma, or with ESL...I can't see how you couldn't figure it out. Also, last time I checked the FLEX *does* require pressure, and it is not operated purely by its own weight.
    *FWIW, I re-read my post two more times...looks like plain English to me. I would not read that as if I were saying that you should lean on the FLEX...

Back on topic, however, I got a chance to check the all mysterious "loose bolt" on my FLEX- it was absolutely rock solid tight. Not loose one bit. So it appears that the damage is not due to just a loose bolt, but a larger, more serious design flaw.
    Last edited by Lumadar; 06-09-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the second opinion, but I have to kindly diagree on his actual intent. The guy has literally stalked me and gone into every thread he can find of mine to try and point out flaws in my posts ever since I mentioned his bias. It's kind of flattering really, but more childish and pathetic than anything.

Unless someone was reading my post in a coma, or with ESL...I can't see how you couldn't figure it out.
    Correcting you in one single different thread hardly constitutes "stalking". I would say it constitutes correction of bad post. Anything else is pure figment of wild imagination.

Also, last time I checked the FLEX *does* require pressure, and it is not operated purely by its own weight.

Back on topic, however, I got a chance to check the all mysterious "loose bolt" on my FLEX- it was absolutely rock solid tight. Not loose one bit. So it appears that the damage is not due to just a loose bolt, but a larger, more serious design flaw.
    But back to subject and trying to work with facts. Can you please explain in logical and technically correct manner your statement that Flex requires pressure to correct? Could you please point to source of your info?

Also, could you do same for your statement about "larger, more serious design flaw"?

Because I am sitting here looking at XC 3401 VRG Opertaing Instructions and on page 17 it clearly says twice that tool is to be used applying low contact pressure. Once again: low contact pressure, clearly spelled out black on white twice in the manual.

So is it manufacturer's fault and "serious design flaw" that people do not RTFM?

Post Thanks / Like

Further more, page 15, Safety Instructions, clearly says "Before using the polisher, check that the installed tools have been secured according to the manufacturer's instructions".

Yet people do not check is bolt tightened.

Last but not least, page 15 again, clearly states "Do not apply high contact pressure if the Velcro pad is at an angle, otherwise the Velcro pad will bend and be damaged".

They have clearly said not to do it. Yet people are being shocked what happened and are blaming it on manufacturer. Serious design flaw? Yes, of our educational system.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast