Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
Home users can easily allow a cordless polisher to sit unused for many months during the winter. That may, or may not, shorten the life of the battery pack. A battery pack that may or may not be expensive.

No technology is unusable, when used for its intended purpose. You can buy what ever you want. However, it may be worth you time, anybody's time, to take into consideration the use to which the tool is intended for. As I have said above, there are some very valid use cases for cordless polishers. That being said, it isn't true that a cordless polisher is a great idea in every situation. As pointed out above, production shops are one case where they may not be. I personally do not believe that home users are, either, for the reasons that I have stated above. There hasn't been an issue with extension cords prior to the Flex cordless tools; now, all of a sudden, they are a massive inconvenience. All production shops have multiple outlets, pretty much every place you would want them to be. Most home users do as well. So the need for cordless polishers is justified how?

Flex would like to present this as a revolutionary advance in car polishing. It is, for mobile detailers. For those with access to a power outlet, not so much.

There are a lot more people interested in an XC3401 replacement than the cordless polishers.

I also sincerely doubt that the cordless polisher will be priced the same, or close to, as their corded equivalents, and that doesn't even take into account the need for additional/replacement battery packs.
Amen to that. The cord doesn't bother me...the excessive heat does.