autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New FLEX Tools Introduced at SEMA!

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Good guess from me huh? Cordless tools never have the power of thier corded counterparts and batteries are over 100 a peice
    That is my biggest gripe, they just never match the outright power of corded tools, ofcourse they can’t with a weaker power source. Batteries are the other gripe, short lifespan after x amount of charges and reduced performance on low charge. Just more cons than pros to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Say what?
    See

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So me being a mobile guy this new cordless Flex da is the perfect tool not only can I carry it in a detail back with me when I go to car shows to do test Bots for potential customers but when I'm doing a basic wash in a car and if a customer happened to say hey I've got this scratch over here you think you can get it out I don't have to set everything up pull out the polisher my generator extension cord plug it in drag out a hundred foot 1/4 what not I just pop in the battery work the scratch and be done with it so yes for practical use as a mobile detailer this is genius if I was detailing entire car I don't see this being very practical or something that I'd use

another scenario would be if someone wants an enhancement package and lives in an apartment complex where water and electricity wouldn't be available. you can do a water/rinseless wash and then zip around with an AIO and be done with it. i would order an extra battery so you have another ready to go at a moments notice. these cordless options are great depending on where your client/customer may live and the situation it may bring...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    another scenario would be if someone wants an enhancement package and lives in an apartment complex where water and electricity wouldn't be available. you can do a water/rinseless wash and then zip around with an AIO and be done with it. i would order an extra battery so you have another ready to go at a moments notice. these cordless options are great depending on where your client/customer may live and the situation it may bring...
    It comes with 2 and they last 45 mins and take 45 mins to charge so 2 MIGHT work

Post Thanks / Like

It comes with 2 and they last 45 mins and take 45 mins to charge so 2 MIGHT work

didn't know that, even better...

Post Thanks / Like

Might is the most important word of that statement. With 2 battery packs, you are relying on the battery pack lasting exactly 45 minutes, and the spare taking exactly 45 minutes to recharage. both of which ahave the distinct possibility of not being true. Lean too hard on the poliser for some trouble spots, and the battery will not last 45 minites. Take the lithium battery town to 0%, and it may take longer than 56 minutes to charge (and will most likely reduce the number of charge cycles the battery pack will last for). For a detialer using his polisher for extended periods, a third battery pack is a really good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

So what 2 models come out in March of 2018?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Might is the most important word of that statement. With 2 battery packs, you are relying on the battery pack lasting exactly 45 minutes, and the spare taking exactly 45 minutes to recharage. both of which ahave the distinct possibility of not being true. Lean too hard on the poliser for some trouble spots, and the battery will not last 45 minites. Take the lithium battery town to 0%, and it may take longer than 56 minutes to charge (and will most likely reduce the number of charge cycles the battery pack will last for). For a detialer using his polisher for extended periods, a third battery pack is a really good idea.
    Agreed. If you are using cordless, and doing so because you are mobile, where are you going to charge the batteries at? 2 batteries are not enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: New FLEX Tools Introduced at SEMA!

A couple of questions:

1. Are the cordless models brushless?
    2. Is there a soft rubber bumper that comes with the tool to cover the battery pack to help prevent accidental damage of the battery pack upon hitting or touching a vehicle's surface or is this as an accessory?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Detail View Post

1. Are the cordless models brushless?

11. Thanks Deviant Detail thanked for this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast