autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401- how safe is it?

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    I'm not really concerned whether or not I'd be able to use the machine, but thinking about others, and whether or not I'd trust someone to use it and be comfortable with it. A lot of my questions were angled to get more useful information about the Flex on the forums other than the 'this machine rocks' posts . My predicament is whether I should upgrade my rotary or pick up a Flex. If there is a big gap between the two then a rotary may be a better fit for me... but if a Flex can handle the above situation fairly quickly then that would be more attractive.
    I see two contradicting questions expressed here: one where you are more concerned about others as users and later another one where you are concerned whether Flex will work for you or not. Whichever one it is you are actually trying to find answer on sometimes best way to find answer on whether tool will work for you or not is by going and answering it yourself. You get what you want by going for it. If I was waiting on others to provide me with all answers on Flex we might not have been here talking about Flex at all, nobody was breaking the ice even though tool was available in Europe for months before here. So I just went for it and dove right in head first. What you have to lose by trying it? Very little, maybe $20-ish or so if you decide you do not like it and sell it. What you have to gain? Cutting the chase (which matters when time is money) and getting best possible answer for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Yes, Sir! P.S. Already? It hasn't been even half of a day! Man, you really are Spoiled! LOL
    I'm two machines away from being spoiled.
    Black cars are easy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    I see two contradicting questions expressed here: one where you are more concerned about others as users and later another one where you are concerned whether Flex will work for you or not. Whichever one it is you are actually trying to find answer on sometimes best way to find answer on whether tool will work for you or not is by going and answering it yourself. You get what you want by going for it. If I was waiting on others to provide me with all answers on Flex we might not have been here talking about Flex at all, nobody was breaking the ice even though tool was available in Europe for months before here. So I just went for it and dove right in head first. What you have to lose by trying it? Very little, maybe $20-ish or so if you decide you do not like it and sell it. What you have to gain? Cutting the chase (which matters when time is money) and getting best possible answer for yourself.
    Yes I had a few questions - one that could be helpful for others and another to get answers for some of my own questions.

In my point of view there is still little useful information about the Flex ... there isn't a lot of facts on what makes it a great machine or what some of the downsides of the macine are. A lot of hype ("this is a great machine") and not a lot of info. I guess I would like to see more 50/50 shots (under full sun or under halogens... no black cars in the shade) to see what this machine can actually correct. Can it sand 1500, 2000, 3000 grit sanding marks?

What do I have to lose... $290... my stockpile of various pad sizes because there aren't any choices... I'm not detailing full time so the initial hit is a big one... I already have a PC, UDM and rotary... they are on backorder and I want to learn as much about the machine as I can if I ever sink that type of money into one. Stuff like that.

Post Thanks / Like

In my point of view there is still little useful information about the Flex ... there isn't a lot of facts on what makes it a great machine or what some of the downsides of the macine are.
    As I said, if you are unhappy with status of the things be the change in the world you want the world to be. Get it and contribute information you would like to see. Or, with jason30513 now having Flex (I think) wait little bit longer till he contributes answers to your questions.

Can it sand 1500, 2000, 3000 grit sanding marks?
    I think you have then missed my post in which I was talking about person posting "C&B" taking the sanding marks out with it. Also, that is exactly what I was doing last week, taking 1500 grit sanding out of the black hood. It took more time than with rotary but it did it. Based on those results person I was working with (with lifetime more of experience and knowledge than me) felt taking out 2000 grit sanding would not be a headache.

What do I have to lose... $290...
    Only if you can not find a buyer for it. Realistically it should be in $50 neighborhood and as little as $20 if buyer is local.

Backorder gets in the way only if people procrastrinate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan View Post
    I'm two machines away from being spoiled.
    Tag, you are it! I did call!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll wait for someone else to answer my questions then since I assume you don't have any pictures of the sanding mark removal. I don't understand whats wrong with asking a few questions about a polisher. As I said above (a few times) I would like some answers before I consider a purchase. I don't need another polisher and definitely don't have $300 to dump into a new one at this point in time. I was trying to get some useful info about the Flex on the forum and try to get some questions answered... but I guess that's asking too much from you. So if anyone could show some 50:50 shots under halogens or full sun it'd be greatly appreciated (from many members). Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll wait for someone else to answer my questions then since I assume you don't have any pictures of the sanding mark removal.
    Post I was referring to does have pictures, and one can find them if he invests little effort, unless he wants to be spoon fed. I did not point to ones from sanding done by first person because a) we all know policy about linking to competing sites, b) question has been answered, existance/lack of pictures does not change the value of answer. I did not post mine as I was not taking any. I was not taking any because I was being under NDA due to polish being used while doing that.

Sorry that is not up to your requirements but there is no obligation on anybody to provide any answers meeting requirements or owe any explanations why they haven't done so.

I don't understand whats wrong with asking a few questions about a polisher.
    Nothing wrong with answering few questions. However, does "waiting on somebody to answer few questions for me" become "waiting on world to do my homework for me, serve it on the silver platter, and illustrate it while they are at it as I accept no less when I have a question, and complaining they haven't done so yet" at certain point and is there anything wrong with that?

"Many members" are not waiting for somebody else to drop everything he might be doing and do 50:50 halogens and full sun just because somebody had a wish, many members do not need that answer because they took matter in their own hands and are out there correcting those 1500 grits already. If many members were waiting Flex would not be sold out and backorder, especially not this quickly. If some of the members were not "go getters" carrying their own weight when needed you and many others would not be even aware of Flex.
    Last edited by ZoranC; 12-20-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shimp View Post
    TOGWT

Which EU car manufacturers use the Flex?
    Where did you learn this info?
    Do the car manufacturers have to replace their bp's on the units they use?
    How long has the Flex been around?

Thanks
    wanted to bump this up,since it might have been overlooked

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shimp View Post
    wanted to bump this up,since it might have been overlooked
    Thanks shimp. Had a few questions that I wanted to ask also.
    What's up with the original BP and a new 5.5" backing plate being shipped to some that have the Flex? Thanks.
    Sorry for the hijack questions budman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Thanks shimp. Had a few questions that I wanted to ask also.
    What's up with the original BP and a new 5.5" backing plate being shipped to some that have the Flex? Thanks.
    Sorry for the hijack questions budman
    Not a problem. As I said before I was trying to get some useful information about the Flex on the forum, adding to my questions is perfectly fine... plus that way I don't look like I'm trying to be "spoon fed". Since I created this thread I have read issues concerning CCS pads and burning paint. I'm still not sure I'd let a rookie use this machine...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast