autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm done with Autogeek.

Are you paying for next day shipping?

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to agree with the above posts, this is definitely not normal for AutoGeek.
    Though I do have to say when I placed an order over a week ago for 13 items I was expecting delivery in 5-7 business days. I found out that 2 of the items I purchased were out of stock so I though alright, at least I'll get everything else in a timely manner. Needless to say they postponed the shipment and everything is arriving tomorrow 11 days after the order. No big deal and I'm not mad at AG, but I would like to see a west coast distribution center in the next few years
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just curious, is it normal to order supplies the day before you have a commitment to a customer to work on their vehicle? I guess if you did that for 5 years week after week, you would come to expect it.

Amazing it took that long for 'some thing' to happen. Shipping strikes, warehouse unexpected shutdown for weather/facilities/scheduling... Not to mention computer system issues.

I think it is amazing it took 5 years for whatever happened to create the perfect storm for this guy. Plus, let's throw in something in professional / personal area that added to the mood which caused the reaction.

Or, were their other AG issues, and this one broke the camels back, so to speak? We only heard the last one. I'm not gonna take the time to search on this dude.

Doesn't impact me one bit, I think. Butterfly effect and all. If it is one issue, can't see totally jumping ship, but each to their own. Happy trails and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeMan81 View Post
    I'm just curious, is it normal to order supplies the day before you have a commitment to a customer to work on their vehicle? I guess if you did that for 5 years week after week, you would come to expect it.

Amazing it took that long for 'some thing' to happen. Shipping strikes, warehouse unexpected shutdown for weather/facilities/scheduling... Not to mention computer system issues.

I think it is amazing it took 5 years for whatever happened to create the perfect storm for this guy. Plus, let's throw in something in professional / personal area that added to the mood which caused the reaction.

Or, were their other AG issues, and this one broke the camels back, so to speak? We only heard the last one. I'm not gonna take the time to search on this dude.

Doesn't impact me one bit, I think. Butterfly effect and all. If it is one issue, can't see totally jumping ship, but each to their own. Happy trails and good luck!
    In the military we called that the "7P's" but I also don't see where OP posted it was job crucial more just the service he had been used to receiving in the past. Maybe I'm wrong.

I live 3 hours from AG and a few moths ago I experienced instances of 5-7 + days for an order to be turned when prior it was a day or two as we generally receive next day UPS service in Fla. I never started a thread about it either. When it doubt google the 7P's
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

When I worked in retail and would get a customer who always seemd to get shafted from the company I worked for I always wondered WHY THEY KEPT COMING BACK???? I'm not sure these 3 things should do that to someone after 5 years but if it were more common I would move on and not complain and torture the guy behind the phone/counter.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    In the military we called that the "7P's" but I also don't see where OP posted it was job crucial more just the service he had been used to receiving in the past. Maybe I'm wrong.

I live 3 hours from AG and a few moths ago I experienced instances of 5-7 + days for an order to be turned when prior it was a day or tow as we generally receive next day UPS service in Fla. I never started a thread about it either. When it doubt google the 7P's

I was in the Marines and never heard it called the 7P's but I have heard the saying MANY MANY TIMES!!! lol
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I was in the Marines and never heard it called the 7P's but I have heard the saying MANY MANY TIMES!!! lol
    Semper Fi my brother:

The 7 Ps is a US Marine Corps adage for Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. (this is the g rated family version)

PS I was a USAF crew chief on C-141's, more 82nd and 101st Airborne jumped from our birds but I partied with my fair share of of you guys in Pear Harbor back in the late 80's on tdy(oh yeah). If you're ever in Tampa pm so I can buy you a few!!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    When I worked in retail and would get a customer who always seemd to get shafted from the company I worked for I always wondered WHY THEY KEPT COMING BACK???? I'm not sure these 3 things should do that to someone after 5 years but if it were more common I would move on and not complain and torture the guy behind the phone/counter.
    Good question, why do they keep coming back!

We've all seen this before...upset customer complains on forum, swears to never buy from AG ever again. Nick posts and offers his usual excellent customer service, upset customer gets some freebies, and all is well again.

Seen this too many times here. Next....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrubs147 View Post
    I have been ordering products from autogeek for 5 years now.

Last year I ordered a gallon of Maguire's 105. Usually everything I order through autogeek and marine31 takes a day for delivery. On the day I expected my delivery I instead get an email stating that autogeek is out of the gallon Maguire's 105.

So for being inconvenienced they sent out two small 105 bottles for free which was a good gesture, but I was doing a full paint correction on a 45' RV so the two bottles got most of one side done. So instead of waiting for the gallon of 105 to come in through the geek, I looked around and now have a new distributor for this product and won't be ordering it through autogeek anymore.

I have enjoyed the marine31 products and have found them to be high end. I have been using and ordering marine31 products for at least two years now. Just recently I placed an order for marine31 and submitted an address to where the products were to be sent. By the next day I looked for my order, as I mentioned before, orders placed before 10 am usually arrive the next day.

By the end of the next day when there was no package I checked the order status and saw that they were shipped to a previous address, an address that I haven't used for two years. So, instead of shipping my order to the address that was submitted with my order, marine31's warehouse personnel decided to grab a two year old address and ship it there.

I head over to the place where I used to live to see if I can retrieve my order, but no one was home and no package in sight. It's Saturday, and I send an email off to marine31 and explain to them that they sent my order to the wrong address. By Monday there's no response and I know, calling always works but my schedule is very tight which makes it pretty tough during those hours.

Instead, I put my wife on the mission to straighten this mess out. It's now Tuesday morning and still no response from marine31. My business partner sees that there's been a charge on his card so knowing that we have no answers puts a reverse charge on his card, no product, no payment!

In the meantime it appears that the wrong address to where my order was shipped, the people who live there were away. They have someone watching their house and they saw a package and put it in the house along with their mail. Tuesday afternoon we get a call from the people who now live at the address where this order was shipped and we head over to pick our package up.

My wife calls marine31 and confirms that we now have our order. After all this crap chasing down marine31's screw up, I get a call from marine31 stating that they have a reverse payment on the credit card that was used to pay for this product.

Yup, seems only fair that we now have our product that marine31 should get paid. So now my partner has to make calls to the bank again to now allow for payment.

A few days ago I placed an order with autogeek and again, I usually get my order the next day so by the second day I once again look up my order and notice that it hasn't even left the warehouse yet. My order consisted of a case of Stoner's Tarminator and a 4 pound jar of Buff Magic. I send an email asking why hasn't my order left the warehouse yet.

Autogeek's response and I quote, "Thank you for ordering from Auto Geek! One of the items you ordered, 4 lb. Shurhold Buff Magic, has been discontinued and we no longer have any stock remaining. We have removed it from your invoice and will issue a refund as soon as we can. The details are below."

Now if you look you'll see that it's still for sale on autogeek's website. I sent an email to Shurhold asking them if they have discontinued this product. Their response and I quote, "No, that's not true. The product is still very much being manufactured and available. Can you tell us which distributor gave you this information?"

I will now be ordering my products straight from Shurhold and other Stoner products straight from Stoner. Other products I can get through more reliable sources, so needless to say that after doing business with the geek, I'm done.
    I feel your pain when you need products at a timely matter.When I order I skip the whole internet process and call to speak with live employees ,and fortunate enough to drive 15 min to get it the same day.I say give them another chance everyone makes mistakes,there a great company there.keep track of your inventory and order be proactive.good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Why should he have to PM Nick or come to the forum to get his order (s) straightened out?

Answer: he shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    Though I do have to say when I placed an order over a week ago for 13 items I was expecting delivery in 5-7 business days. I found out that 2 of the items I purchased were out of stock so I though alright, at least I'll get everything else in a timely manner. Needless to say they postponed the shipment and everything is arriving tomorrow 11 days after the order.
    There seems to be some disconnect in the PBMG system when there is an unexpected out-of-stock situation (where an item is able to be ordered in the store but is actually not in stock). I'm guessing that the situation isn't apparent to them until the order is picked, which during some of these large sales may be several days after the order is placed, but there still doesn't seem to be timely and consistent customer contact regarding whether to cancel out-of-stock items, wait for them and ship the order complete, or split the shipments at additional cost.

This is nothing new and there are threads periodically about it here and at Autopia. I don't know how often it happens, but it's pretty frustrating when it happens to you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast