autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm done with Autogeek.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    But,two wrongs don't make a right.
    Rightfully defending yourself does not make a wrong.

Just look at the title of the OP.
    That is pretty direct.
    No pulling punches in the title of the OP.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. If you want to put an issue out there for everyone to see, you better be ready for everyone to see it all. Not just your side. I personally admire a company that is willing to step up and do what they did (free smaller bottles) to help out a loyal customer. Their reward, his post. They owned their mistakes, and I have no problem with them pointing out OP's mistake in this whole process. If you want your laundry kept private, don't voice it over the internet.

Two months ago the only thing I knew about detailing a car was to wash it, and then hand apply the most expensive wax they sell at the auto parts store. For about a month I called AG almost every other day with questions. I watched every damn video on their website, then went to Youtube to find more of their videos. I have a black Chevy Duramax (that kicked my ass), a dark grey Chevy Camaro and a black Harley that absolute turn heads. I have had two local "detailers" make comments about the truck and Camaro that I must have spent a pretty penny on a high end detailer for my vehicles to look that good. Little did they know, this was achieved because of the great assistance I received from the staff at AG. They took their time to explain everything, (multiple times) giving me the knowledge and confidence to machine the paint of over $100,000 worth of personally owned cars by a guy that was clueless only weeks prior.

Post Thanks / Like

AG went above and beyond here as they always do. The OP failed to mention the cc decline which was at the root of the problem yet AG sent two smaller bottles for free and make a public statement they would what it takes to make things right. If anyone stills has any doubts, here are some excellent AG customer service experiences I've had:

1. I Placed a large XMT order last year which qualified for a free 12 oz. of an XMT product. The product I selected as the free one they were out of stock on. Instead they threw in a 32 oz. bottle of the same product. What more coukd you ask for?

2. I recently received a large DP order in January and one of the 32 oz. bottles of wheel cleaner cracked open in transit or was packed damaged. either way, AG shipped one out the next day. No questions asked.

3. Last week I placed an order for new McKee 37 products that qualified for free microfiber towels. The order showed up yesterday but no MF's. Nick responded to an email at 10 pm and had them in the mail the next day. Trust me this was NOT urgent and I would have easily waited for them, after all they were free. Yet he took care of this as if I were the only customer AG had.

No other company's customer service comes close.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

A company like Autogeek that is willing to own it's mistakes, apologize, offer to recompense above and beyond is a company I will always do business with. These businesses are unfortunately not common in today's world and should definitely be supported.
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    IMO not a good PR move to publicize that his credit card was declined on a forum. Wouldn't it be a better idea to pm him directly? I know this caused the problem, but still not a good idea IMO.

My understanding is the credit card was declined because of address change, not because of balance. I agree. Bummer if it was maxed out credit.

I've said many times, "I'm done with AG!" But it was in more of a false confession tone after I happily received my items. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bus_Driver View Post
    My understanding is the credit card was declined because of address change, not because of balance. I agree. Bummer if it was maxed out credit.

I've said many times, "I'm done with AG!" But it was in more of a false confession tone after I happily received my items. ;-)

If you're done, just be done. No need to say it 30 times. Quite immature for a businessman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A2D Signature View Post
    If you're done, just be done. No need to say it 30 times. Quite immature for a businessman

????

I believe you quoted the wrong person.
    Or I guess I need to work on my delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

I only see it mentioned once in the thread, and as a distributor for about 60 different manufacturers of tool and die supplies and related components, I feel it's one of the more important details... If you don't pay for next day service, including same day expediting of the items at the manufacturer/warehouse along with the next day delivery from the carrier - you can't be upset about not getting them the next day, regardless of what your expectation is! It takes time to process and fulfill every step of every order and to think you are always at the top of the list is just naive. We are a small company and are personally involved in every project/tool/sale we are blessed with, and make every attempt to keep costs low and lead times acceptable, but if you MUST have it tomorrow there's only one way to move your up the list, and that's money. Most manufacturers remove my net cost and ADD 50% to list price, to accommodate this. It isn't because they're greedy, it's because they have to pay someone (often multiple someones) to stay longer than their normal day to fulfill YOUR needs. Can't squeeze 6 lbs of stuff into a 5 lb bag...
    As the seller/distributor AG has responded with a mostly courteous apology and an invitation of hospitality that has decent monetary value. Personally and professionally, I wouldn't air the 'omitted details' even thought they are quite relevant in this case. In the end, that usually won't do anything for the customer you've just apologized and extended a generous offer to. (I know it will be viewed "to save face" to the rest of us, but that is clearly not an defense that AG has to take, with the support and thanks we pour on them daily)
    Long story short, stuff happens. OP has higher expectations than traditional processing can always meet, and hopefully he was able to save the service he was providing to his customer. Kudos to AG for ALWAYS responding to these threads and doing what they can to remedy the issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done with Autogeek.

AG has always been great with my orders. Never had a problem.

As for the out of stock items, it does need to be stated on the website, accurately I might add, that an item is not available. A drop down box with 3 options would be nice: 1. Remove item from cart 2. Ship out of stock item when it's available 3. Hold the whole order until item is available and ship all at once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    As for the out of stock items, it does need to be stated on the website, accurately I might add, that an item is not available. A drop down box with 3 options would be nice: 1. Remove item from cart 2. Ship out of stock item when it's available 3. Hold the whole order until item is available and ship all at once.
    Yeah, that's a nice idea, if inventory control always worked perfectly. The reality is that the "computer" inventory can be off for a number of reasons which will result in the store application thinking there is inventory to sell. As I noted, where things seem to break down here, is when reality sets in that an item isn't really there, how the customer is contacted (or not).

I really don't know how many orders are processed at PBMG on a given day. 1000? 2000? 5000 during a big sale? That could be a lot of people to contact, and it would appear that their software has no mechanism to do it automatically (by email).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast