autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm done with Autogeek.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Chuck ("Scrubs"),

I noticed that you're in the state of Florida. If you plan on attending Detail Fest next weekend (18th - 20th), admission is on me. I'll also give you and whoever you bring a tour of our facility while you're here.
    BAM I'm done with Autogeek.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck ("Scrubs"),

I noticed that you're in the state of Florida. If you plan on attending Detail Fest next weekend (18th - 20th), admission is on me. I'll also give you and whoever you bring a tour of our facility while you're here.
    Nick is the real deal!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post

We've all seen this before...upset customer complains on forum, swears to never buy from AG ever again. Nick posts and offers his usual excellent customer service, upset customer gets some freebies, and all is well again.

Chuck ("Scrubs"),

😎

Nick always goes above and beyond. Even in situations when it's not necessary. Nick and AGO is pretty admirable with their customer service!

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck ("Scrubs"),

Take the tour, like walking through a candy store for detailers!

Post Thanks / Like

OP.
    What you experienced is just a string of bad events all at one time. It happens.
    If you are a pro detailer, your life can be go, go, go.
    This is why it is a good idea to stock up on the essentials and have extra product in your personal inventory.
    Waiting to the last minute will catch up to you at some point.

As someone who has years of experience in freight and warehousing, believe me when I tell you that AutoGeek does an excellent job.
    Far above and beyond the typical vendor and distributor.
    Honestly, we are all spoiled by what a great job AutoGeek does.

Quote Originally Posted by jcaustin87 View Post
    Normally I would question whether or not this was a good idea, from a CS stand point, but when a customer puts everything out there, why shouldn't you be able to respond in kind?
    I think most would agree with you.
    The title of the OP was a direct shot in the gut, not a casual complaint.
    I may suggest that any business has the right to respond in kind when it is warranted.
    In this case, it is clearly warranted.

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck ("Scrubs"),

I'm not Chuck ("Scrubs") but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, does that count?
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck,

I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar shopping experience with us. As I'm sure you know by being a customer of ours for 5 years, what you experienced is the exception and not the rule.

I pulled up this order in our system and it was placed online at 1:21 pm, not before 10 am. There was still a chance that it would ship the same day, however your credit card was declined. We notified you of the issue with your credit card the following day. You called back and added a syringe of Optimum Opti-Lens, and while doing so Derek, our newest employee straightened out the issue you were having with your credit card.

Here's what went wrong:

Whenever a credit card is declined, our system reverts back to an old address, one that has worked in the past. It was our mistake by not fixing this on the spot. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it - we goofed up by not verifying this with you while you were on the phone with us.

However, if there was no issue with the credit card in the first place (a detail you happened to omit from your post), the order would have shipped the same or the following day.

If I were you, I would call your bank and make sure they have the current billing address on file to avoid this mishap in the future.

All I can do is apologize and hope you will give us a second chance, because this product has not been discontinued. There was obviously a mistake, one that I'm ashamed of because it resulted in the loss of a loyal customer.

I'm excited to serve your car care needs in the future because I know it will be a flawless transaction, so please give us a call next time an order is time sensitive so we can 100% make sure it arrives on time for your detail.
    IMO not a good PR move to publicize that his credit card was declined on a forum. Wouldn't it be a better idea to pm him directly? I know this caused the problem, but still not a good idea IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    IMO not a good PR move to publicize that his credit card was declined on a forum. Wouldn't it be a better idea to pm him directly? I know this caused the problem, but still not a good idea IMO.
    Perhaps the OP should've handled it privately? He was aware the CC was declined and chose to go public and blame AGO. They have every right to defend themself and provide the full and true details of what really transpired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    Perhaps the OP should've handled it privately? He was aware the CC was declined and chose to go public and blame AGO. They have every right to defend themself and provide the full and true details of what really transpired.
    But,two wrongs don't make a right.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:
    At least such a public denouncement can
    provide one sure-fire way to find out if the
    OP is actually a man of his word or not.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast