autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How quickly does AG ship orders out?

Congrats BDoggPrelude ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude View Post
    FYI, that's not my AG order. That was a bottle I ordered from somebody else 2 business days after I ordered from AG. It was ordered Tuesday night and was delivered on Friday. I placed my order with AG on Sunday morning...It's late on Monday night and I'm still waiting on it.

My AG order was a significantly larger order. It is being delivered in two separate boxes.
    Wait a minute. Please tell me your not comparing arrival times between two packages/companies.

One picture shows ONE product while another picture shows "A significantly larger" order.

Lets be fair here.

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery to Australia via AG International Shipping (quick but expensive):

Shipped 9th June
    Delivered 15th June

Delivery to Australia via Freight Forwarder (slow but less expensive):

Shipped 1st July
    Delivered to Freight Forwarder 8th July (AG's job done)

Freight Forwarder expected Delivery Date between 20th and 23rd July!

AG shipping is definitely nothing I would fault. Just to put in perspective though, order direct was via express international and cost quite a lot (about a 3rd of the total order). Shipping via freight forwarder was sent via Ground Shipping via UPS to Oregon. That takes about 4-5 days alone. The biggest delay is with the freight forwarder, not AG IMO.

PS: Customer Service at AG is second to none
    2015 AUDI S3 Sedan
    2007 Suzuki Swift

Post Thanks / Like

There is no cheap international shipping from any site.
    i was lucky to have after sale service from AG.
    For my case the shipping cost 40% more than the stuff I order but I do enjoy the services and I can't get those product from local
    Win win situation!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I wonder what is more important? Maybe getting your stuff one or two days sooner or a vendor that has great product knowledge, always some of the best customer service around and willing to stand behind what they sell.

Although I will admit some of the shipping costs have seemed high. It seems like they give plenty of chances to get around the shipping costs with all their sales.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand what the big deal is. If you want faster shipping, pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_660 View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is. If you want faster shipping, pay for it.
    Well, there's a difference between paying for faster shipping and paying for stuff not to ship a couple of days from now. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geekdout View Post
    Hmmm I wonder what is more important? Maybe getting your stuff one or two days sooner or a vendor that has great product knowledge, always some of the best customer service around and willing to stand behind what they sell.

Although I will admit some of the shipping costs have seemed high. It seems like they give plenty of chances to get around the shipping costs with all their sales.
    Albeit I have not read all the pages, cant you have both a great company and reasonable shipping fees. I order a ton of stuff online. AG is by far the most expensive and slowest to get you stuff. Worse than any other company I have ordered from unless it is on ebay from Hong Kong. Sometimes that will actually get here quicker.

Yes very often you get free shipping with $150 plus order. Every company is doing that ALL the time now practically. Some at $100. Problem is when you want just a bottle or two the shipping costs and time to receive the products are the worst in the industry, period.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, half of the problem is that AG did not actually get my order out the door until the end of the day Tuesday on an order that was placed Sunday morning. Great customer service, product knowledge, blah blah blah aside...the fact that I could have left my house on Monday morning, driven to their warehouse in 3 days to pick it up, spent 3 days vacationing in Disney World and taken 3 days to drive back by the time it arrived is a bit ridiculous. No?

AG is not the end-all place to buy these products. In fact, aside from their private label products, nearly every online detailing supplier sells the same products at relatively the same prices. Case in point: I ordered a PC 7424xp, a bunch of LC pads, M105, M205 and M21 along with a bunch of other supplies for my first polishing job a few months ago. All of it was ordered on a Monday afternoon through various eBay sellers all across the country, 5 different sellers in total. Got my first package delivered on Wednesday and by Friday afternoon all of it had arrived to my house. Again, 5 different vendors ranging from California to New York all managed to get orders to my door in basically half the time it took AG.

Some people said, "You can always put in the comments to get it out ASAP or call them and have them put it on top of the pile." Well that's nice. I'm glad my order probably ended up taking extra time because AG kept burying my order underneath a bunch of other peoples' orders that were placed after mine. Glad they provided those people with this so called "excellent customer service" while they put my order on the back burner.

Pay extra to have something shipped to me quicker? Lol. I ordered that bottle of Meg's Quik Interior Detailer to prove a point. If an eBay vendor can get that to my door in 3 business days for a grand total of $5 including shipping, I should think AG could get an order to me in far less time than it ended up taking. Like I said before, AG is not the end-all place to get detailing supplies from. Now I know that in the future when I'm shopping for detailing products, if I find something I want that is similarly priced to AG, I should just go with another vendor that won't take 7 business days to get something to my door.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

With a couple of exceptions, all of my orders the last few years arrived 2~3 days after I put the order in. Which means order on Monday (early) and it's here on Wednesday. But it's the $150 moving target for shipping that has stopped my ordering all but bigger orders. (Where I'd used to get a couple orders a month, I've gotten ONE all year!)

Which brings me to this.... I wonder what all Amazon will have on sale come the 15th?

Been advertising "Prime Day" for a couple weeks now. It's said to BLOW AWAY "Black Friday" with some specials as often as every 10 minutes!

And BTW... the DO sell detailing supplies. (Even from Autogeek!)

Better yet... I get free shipping no matter what I order!

Which lately has been a new 8-port & 5-port Netgear smart switch, along with a new Netgear AC router. Now THIS has been fun!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast