autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping

You know, I don't need FREE SHIPPING, what I do need is the shipping cost commensurate with what others are charging for shipping. For example why would company "A" charge $7.99 for shipping when AG charges almost double that. I can't tell you how many times I have zeroed out my cart because of the shipping cost. I do not want to hear---give us a call and we will match it. First off, some people are really busy and it is just easier to just place the order with one "click" as opposed to calling to place an order. Besides why should I have to jump through hoops to get a fair deal on shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    We don't like paying shipping either, believe me. UPS certainly doesn't give us a free shipping coupon code if we spend over X amount.

Between the discount codes and the sales we run, there are several ways to save when you shop with us. The AGO veterans have heard this over and over again, but we're more than happy to price match a competing site if they offer a better deal, shipping included.
    Eshine ships all my orders over 150 for free...
    To canada. You gonna match that...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    David
    Owner, Operator Max Detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a quick comment. I too have zeroed out my cart from the shipping charges but I think in a way you will wind up paying for it one way or another. For example, let's say PBMG decides to charge shipping by weight (which is the correct way) then theoretically they are losing money since the cost of the packaging (peanuts), costs for warehouse labor and finally, cardboard boxes would need to be made up somewhere else - by my estimates that would be higher prices on products. Since they "price match" they may be in a money losing situation since these fixed overhead costs are not being recouped.

We all hate shipping but I would rather not have "price matching" (which I have never done) and higher prices and then hence, lower shipping. Although we are probably paying the same in the end, if PBMG wasn't out of line on prices I would gladly pay the extra price for the customer service. Since I have never compared their prices vs others I think that is a trade off they should study. Being an accounting guy, covering overhead is critical but their finance systems may just do it this way and it is too hard to change.

It would be interesting if Nick could update us on why the charges are so high and why they can't be changed. Further, if they are generating a huge profit on shipping well that to me is aggressive. I would much rather see see them make profit on products and shipping as a pass-through. Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LAD View Post
    You know, I don't need FREE SHIPPING, what I do need is the shipping cost commensurate with what others are charging for shipping. For example why would company "A" charge $7.99 for shipping when AG charges almost double that. I can't tell you how many times I have zeroed out my cart because of the shipping cost. I do not want to hear---give us a call and we will match it. First off, some people are really busy and it is just easier to just place the order with one "click" as opposed to calling to place an order. Besides why should I have to jump through hoops to get a fair deal on shipping.
    I think that is the overwhelming consensus from this thread. Like you say others have much lower shipping charges with the same pricing on products. I also agree on the price matching. I would rather buy it from the company with the better deal to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by mbpress01 View Post
    Adding a quick comment. I too have zeroed out my cart from the shipping charges but I think in a way you will wind up paying for it one way or another. For example, let's say PBMG decides to charge shipping by weight (which is the correct way) then theoretically they are losing money since the cost of the packaging (peanuts), costs for warehouse labor and finally, cardboard boxes would need to be made up somewhere else - by my estimates that would be higher prices on products. Since they "price match" they may be in a money losing situation since these fixed overhead costs are not being recouped.

We all hate shipping but I would rather not have "price matching" (which I have never done) and higher prices and then hence, lower shipping. Although we are probably paying the same in the end, if PBMG wasn't out of line on prices I would gladly pay the extra price for the customer service. Since I have never compared their prices vs others I think that is a trade off they should study. Being an accounting guy, covering overhead is critical but their finance systems may just do it this way and it is too hard to change.

It would be interesting if Nick could update us on why the charges are so high and why they can't be changed. Further, if they are generating a huge profit on shipping well that to me is aggressive. I would much rather see see them make profit on products and shipping as a pass-through. Just my thoughts.
    I'm not sure I follow your logic. You would rather have higher product prices with lower shipping costs? It seems like the higher prices on the products would almost always exceed the savings in shipping costs unless you regularly order one or two items.

Like others have suggested, I would like to see them offer a USPS flat rate shipping option. This would result in much lower shipping costs for small orders and USPS delivers on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I have ordered 3 times with Canadian Distributors because shipping was insane on AG. Unfortunatelly I was dispointed all 3 times and will never order with those companies again if I can help it.

I love Autogeek, but I am with you regarding the shipping Policy. It's even worst for Canadian customers, think of what you are paying and multiply by 3.

Might have found a way to cut those cost next year. Hopefully it will work out well, if not will have to get a passport and do the whole ship to an american warehouse on the US/CAN border and go get the stuff myself. It's just so expensive and complicated to get a passport here in Canada, the process takes about a month and cost around 200$

I really wish Autogeek hired someone to look into this and find a good solution for all their customers because besides this, they are pretty much flawless on everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    When I need to order a few things I order from DI because of shipping to New Jersey, I can't order over a $150 every time I need stuff. Plus I get it the next day.
    Same here in CT.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys...I think we're beating a dead horse on this issue...

Post Thanks / Like

You are probably right.....but it is AG's loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LAD View Post
    You are probably right.....but it is AG's loss.
    Thanks AG for listening to your customers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
    After reading all of the "shipping-propaganda"...
    [be it either: pro/anti-AGO]...
    This old adage comes to mind:

"Yea...What good does it do to be the
    best-looking horse in the glue factory?"
    ~David Walker

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast