autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping

I always said that I am only going to order from AG when, one night I saw an AG staff member rescue a baby from a burning building. True story.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    We don't like paying shipping either, believe me. UPS certainly doesn't give us a free shipping coupon code if we spend over X amount.
    No, but they sure as heck discount if you ship a lot. So it's now a profit center. Pay low, sell high.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    No, but they sure as heck discount if you ship a lot. So it's now a profit center. Pay low, sell high.

The company my dad works for used to allow employees to ship/have things shipped using their UPS number and it was unbelievable how much cheaper it was. On several things they sold, they made more money on the "markup" on shipping than they did the actual products. I'm sure AG doesn't ship the volume that this company does, but I don't think AG is charging the actual cost of the shipping either.

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping is a fact of life. I work in a supply business and we have to ship products in from our suppliers and deliver to our customers. We charge for our materials based on the cost of materials plus the cost of shipping them to us. We charge a delivery charge to take materials to our customers(we can't seem to find trucks that run without fuel or drivers). Autogeek could charge more for their products to cover the cost of shipping, but the cost of shipping has to be covered some way. TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    People always want something more. It's never enough. AG could have a 20% off with free shipping(no minimum) and some would still want more. I can see it now..."What, no free overnight shipping?! I'm never ordering ever again!"

Someone mentioned AG doesn't "need" your business, no but they do WANT your business and my experience with this forum, the store, and fine people at AG, they clearly enjoy trying to make the customer happy.

Can't please everyone!

That's not even close to reality. If they gave 20% off and free shipping this thread wouldn't exist.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, those who pay shipping are also picking up the tab for those who do not pay shipping. If we vote, as a community, maybe we can get rid of free shipping to lower shipping across the board.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIsnowman View Post

The company my dad works for used to allow employees to ship/have things shipped using their UPS number and it was unbelievable how much cheaper it was. On several things they sold, they made more money on the "markup" on shipping than they did the actual products. I'm sure AG doesn't ship the volume that this company does, but I don't think AG is charging the actual cost of the shipping either.
    I sell packaging for a living, it's not just the cost of the UPS or Fed Ex, all that nice packing paper they put in the box to make sure you get the products undamaged, those all cost too.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIsnowman View Post

Why would AG charge cost to ship?! It's a business, for profit. It's not like when you place an order it's magically picked and packaged. They have employees that have to pick and package, or should those employees not be paid? With any business, there is overhead, sad how some people don't realize that. As a business owner myself, I deal with it daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    That's not even close to reality. If they gave 20% off and free shipping this thread wouldn't exist.
    Must not have been around here often.... When AG had 15% off sales, people complained for free shipping. When AG offered free shipping, people whined for more. Then AG had sales for a high percentage off and free shipping at $90...still wasn't enough. So sorry to say...threads like these will always exist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    We don't like paying shipping either, believe me. UPS certainly doesn't give us a free shipping coupon code if we spend over X amount.

Between the discount codes and the sales we run, there are several ways to save when you shop with us. The AGO veterans have heard this over and over again, but we're more than happy to price match a competing site if they offer a better deal, shipping included.
    True, But if I add, say 6 foam pads to my order, the shipping goes up by $12.00. You can't tell me..... That is why I suggest flat rate USPS Priority mail. I don't mind paying actual shipping costs, but yours are jacked.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast