autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why pro detailers don't do business with AG..

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I don't even do this for income & I think I spent that much last year. What is wrong with me ? Yikes.
    I agree. What's wrong with us. I don't do this for income either.

Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Ok, so your spending some good coin. Why do you need to speak directly to the manager? I've found each and every member of AG staff willing to bend over backwards to keep my orders flowing in. Why are they not good enough for you? Just the other day I had some poor girl running back and forth from her desk to the warehouse to make changes to my order and she was absolutely great about it! There has been a few times where my email or phone call wasn't returned as quickly as normal bet hey, they do get busy from time to time and always answer back eventually. If your going to be reselling on a large scale, why not disclose that and get hooked up with a rep at AG so things flow more smoothly for you? A little patience goes a long way!

I'm trying to speak to Jason because at sema he gave me his card and asked me to call him direct about an issue I asked him about. And patience, did you not read my first post? I emailed/called him since Monday, it was Thursday and still no response....
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    So, let me get this right. The OP is complaining about AG customer service and is going to buy his products elsewhere so he can resell them at a profit to dealers etc.

Sounds like biting the hand that feeds you to me....
    I don't really get your comment. How is complaining about customer service biting the hand that feeds you? There are plenty of companies more than willing to sell to you in this business, whether you are going to resell or not. I Dont think any of them really care what you do with the products after you buy them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I don't really get your comment. How is complaining about customer service biting the hand that feeds you? There are plenty of companies more than willing to sell to you in this business, whether you are going to resell or not. I Dont think any of them really care what you do with the products after you buy them.

I totally agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

The weather still SUCKS here. I need to be in Los Angeles or Stuart Florida

Simply beautiful here. Even with red flag wind and the Glendora fire.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Ok call off the troops no one is deleting your thread.
    Second I cannot speak for Jason but I can tell you that our office was torn apart for maintenance issues Monday and today was first day I was moved back in fully as was Jason and he was home sick. So I am sure you will hear from him tomorrow. We have had a lot out sick, notice Mike Phillips missing too! As for us not doing business with pro detailers that was a large assumption as I personally work with a large group of them and have for a very long time. Just wanted to put some facts out there for you.
    Lastly a phone call to Nick or I when you having issues really will work for you. (And if you did try Nick he was out sick first of the week but is back now)
    We are here to serve all customers big and small just doesn't make good business sense not to, rest assured we do like the Pros just like everyone else. Not really sure of any reason we wouldn't.

I would've contacted someone else, I know your staff has gotten larger since I first started doing business with you, but as I said about Jason asked me to contact him directly so I did. Also if you get on any other detailing forum that has a majority of pro's and ask the question who does all their purchasing from AG you'll almost get laughed off these days, that's all I'm saying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    With all due respect to the original poster, do you have any reputable sources for this assumption that pro detailers are leaving AGO en masse? Sometimes, when people get upset about something they may find a friend or two who agrees with them and think that there must be a large group who agree, but in reality, it's just them and their friend or two. AGO sure seems to be a booming operation, recent threads showing them working into the wee hours just to get ordered shipped out the doors is not evidence of a company losing it's clientele. Also, one of the things I love about AGO is that, although I am NOT a professional detailer buying thousands in detailing equipment, I'm treated like the most important customer they have even when I just buy $30 worth of waterless wash solution or something. They also don't seem to be a company likely to beg and grovel for your business. They'll provide you with excellent service, no matter who you are. But it'll also be fair service. I'll second the question of 'why you need a manager'. I know with many companies, nobody but a "manager" can do anything. But at AGO, I've never had an issue getting things resolved by ANYONE I talk to. Even if it's about pricing, I can't imagine there's anyone at AGO who couldn't help you out or even cut you a deal if that was there prerogative.

Good luck in your endeavors, kind sir. But do try to be gentle. Most of us on this forum have a high opinion of AGO and it's hard working staff. Sometimes we have bad experiences, and we need to vent. But sometimes, we need to step back and assess the situation to see if there is something that we ourselves could be doing to better the situation, instead of relying on others to make it better for us. In this case, perhaps you could try contacting someone else at the company, instead of insisting on an individual who you perhaps perceive to have more authority to accomplish what you want than others, when it reality, Nick, Meghan, or others may be more than willing and capable of handling whatever it is you need.

I like yourself used to be a fighter for AG staff, check my post history and see how many times I've stuck up for the staff here.. As far as proof yes I've seen it for years on other boards and fb, it's not just me, but none of the people I'm speaking about read this forum anymore so they won't be here to comment.. And as I've mentioned it's not just because he's the manager it's because when I spoke to him at sema he said no problem I can get that taken care of, so I contacted the person I spoke 2..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    Also if you get on any other detailing forum that has a majority of pro's and ask the question who does all their purchasing from AG you'll almost get laughed off these days, that's all I'm saying.
    I would have to say this is true in almost 100% of cases. Although I have had nothing but good transactions/interactions with AG I find myself placing orders less and less as my business gets more specialized and bulk product oriented.

I have posted in many threads that a pro discount/membership program would go a LONG way in earning more of my business, and I'm sure it would for others as well.

Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I would have to say this is true in almost 100% of cases. Although I have had nothing but good transactions/interactions with AG I find myself placing orders less and less as my business gets more specialized and bulk product oriented.

I have posted in many threads that a pro discount/membership program would go a LONG way in earning more of my business, and I'm sure it would for others as well.

Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting thread. I'm a one car newbie who loves detailing my car. I'm also an indy sales rep carrying different lines. Here's my thought. I'm surprised AG doesn't have a Pro Detailer program. AG should also have one or two people dedicated to the Pros. The companies I deal with do this. When I call with a problem they know me and my accounts. AG obviously has a wide array of buyers. From guys like me who spend $500 a year to the pros who are running a business. My point is the reason I buy here is because the I've learned so much from the experts on this forum. So I don't see the downside to catering to the pros in this business.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast