autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why no pink 4" CCS pads?

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    All mine are.

It's like the green is open cell and not dense at all, very light overall and it's squishy and just compresses really easily. Where the black is soft and more closed cell but firmer all the way across the face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online
    The green 4" CCS pad that Mark and I was talking about was very course. LC replaced that green pad with the pink so that it would not get confused with the original green light polishing pad. BTW cutting ability of the pad comes from the pores per square inch and not the firmness of the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    BTW cutting ability of the pad comes from the pores per square inch and not the firmness of the pad.
    I'd like to add that, among other factors, a pad's:
    return-point memory, from being compressed,
    are also determinates of a pad's cutting ability.

If you push on something...It will yield to some degree or another.
    However: Does it/Will it: "spring-back" completely?

How many times foam pads can be compressed...until they reach: 'critical point' (failure)...
    is dependent upon the foams' physical systems.
    The foam pad engineers seem to have this pretty well under control.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I hear both of ya'.

I remember reading about two versions of the "green" pad. All mine are CCS 5½'s however, and all are the soft variety. Although they ALL say on the packaging that they are "light cutting" pads. Yet they are all much less dense than the blue or black CCS pads.

I still trust that the designers of them know what they'll do and what they will not. It just seems important enough to note that they are indeed much more likely to collapse under pressure, and succumb to heat, as well as seem to soak up product much quicker/easier than the two pads (blue/black) above them in the "cut category".

It is what it is......

(Pink however is strongly placed just above the orange pads in cut, with very similar density and resistance to absorb product.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    (Pink however is strongly placed just above the orange pads in cut, with very similar density and resistance to absorb product.)
    I thought pink was above yellow in cut. We are talking about 4" CCS pads.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think it doesn't matter which size, as it all comes from the same place. The colors are what they are, given the same construction. IE: CCS = CCS & Flat = Flat. Although tangerine is said to be different than "orange". I know I have orange of all shapes and sizes as well as tangerine Hydro's and the tangerine feels just like the orange.

Here are the larger versions. Below them I pasted the 4" versions. The only thing missing from the lineup in the 4" line is the "pink". That tells me that pink is between orange and white. Just as green is between white and black/gray.

Actually you'll notice in the product description of the green and black/gray that the latter goes on to say that it's "firm enough to withstand the added pressure during final finishing". And of course we already know it provides no cut.

Going a bit further, YES the white pad is softer than the orange one, and is softer than the pink one as well. It's just that the green is as soft as the red (if not the gold, I just don't own any gold pads). Yet it (the green) is still supposed to provide "cut" that the others (black & blue) don't. Yet they are much firmer. Go figure.
    Each CCS pad features VELCRO brand hook and loop fasteners covering the entire back of each pad to secure to a hook and loop backing plate. We recommend the 5 inch Flexible DA Backing Plate Yellow Low Profile Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth. Orange Low Profile Light Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.
    Pink Low Profile Cutting/Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad.
    White Low Profile Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
    Green Low Profile Polishing/Finishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application. Gray Low Profile Finishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes. Blue Low Profile Finessing 5.5 inch Foam Pad – Flat pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user. Red Low Profile Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant 5.5 inch Foam Pad - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability. Gold Low Profile Super Soft Jewelling 5.5 inch Foam Pad -Use the gold pad to apply a very fine polish or glaze as the final step of the polishing process. Jewelling is the term coined for this step because it intensifies gloss and reflectivity, like a jewel. The gold foam pad also works well for wax and sealant application.

CCS Spot Buffs come in the same varieties as our other varied contact foam pads and are just as effective. We offer multiple types with different cutting abilities and applications. Read below to see what works best for your vehicle.
    CCS Yellow Cutting Foam 4 Inch Pad - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.
    CCS Orange Light Cutting Foam 4 Inch Pad - This is an excellent, high density foam with light cutting power. It works well for applying microfine compounds and smoothing scratches and swirls. You’ll want to try this pad first before using the yellow pad; you always want to use the least abrasive pad necessary for the job.
    CCS White Polishing Foam 4 Inch Pad - This pad features high absorption foam for the application of waxes, polishes and sealants. This pad has very little cutting power and works well for application purposes. It’s made of soft, porous foam so it’s gentle on your paint. They’re also perfect for polishing metal wheels, bumpers, and mirror covers.

CCS Green Polishing/Finishing Foam 4 Inch Pad - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
    CCS Gray Finishing Foam 4 Inch Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls, but it is gentle enough to buff your vehicle to an attractive luster. Use with machine glaze or finishing polish.
    CCS Blue All Purpose Foam 4 Inch Pad – This is a multi-purpose pad used for applying glazes, polishes, and waxes. It’s made of closed-cell foam that will distribute a thin, even layer. The foam has no cut and is dense enough to spread paste waxes.
    CCS Red Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant Foam 4 Inch Pad - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to answer one part of Mark's question in his OP:

There are pink pads, in the requested size, already on some resellers shelves.

~$4.00 ea./package of 10

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12