autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Dear forum member,

I need some SERIOUS help.

I bought Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner-Conditioner.

My experience of using Meguiar's was so far positive, but I always used their professional grade products for exterior care. I was always a bit suspicious of "Gold Class" wording on their mass market product line, but decided to buy their leather cleaner-conditioner today because it's still Meguiar's. Needless to say, I had little other choice at Auto-Zone.

Now I think I made a HUGE mistake. A brand new, out of factory leather looks like 20 years old used car leather surface with Armorall wiped all over it. How can I get this off my seats? Have I permanently ruined the leather?

I have spent an hour rubbing the Lexol Ph leather cleaner to remove that greasy, shiny , destructive product off my seats but to no avail, it still shines like the dashboard after cheap carwash!

Have any of you encountered this problem before? If so, how do you remove this product off your seats if possible at all?

I browsed net and saw lots of people complain of similar issue, but I did not find any direct advise how to clean this off the seats. On Meguiar's they have one thread where someone with black leather on motorcycle appears to have encountered a different type of problem (white wax coming off after 6 hours), but in my case I have light colored, beige colored seats and the issue is: the brand new leather looks horrible and TOO SHINY and greasy and I can't get it off now!

I apologize for repeating myself, but that does not express how really frustrated and disappointed I am ! These wipes may have permanently damaged my leather seats and I really need an expert advise how to remove it without causing further damage. As I mentioned above, I have spend an hour trying to clean it off with Lexol leather cleaner, but whatever Meguiar's puts on their wipes the Lexol couldn't remove it!

Please help !

Post Thanks / Like
    What car, what leather, pics!

At least some Gm leather is actually urethane coated. Leathers are different is why I ask.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
    Dear forum member,

I need some SERIOUS help.

I bought Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner-Conditioner.

My experience of using Meguiar's was so far positive, but I always used their professional grade products for exterior care. I was always a bit suspicious of "Gold Class" wording on their mass market product line, but decided to buy their leather cleaner-conditioner today because it's still Meguiar's. Needless to say, I had little other choice at Auto-Zone.

Now I think I made a HUGE mistake. A brand new, out of factory leather looks like 20 years old used car leather surface with Armorall wiped all over it. How can I get this off my seats? Have I permanently ruined the leather?

I have spent an hour rubbing the Lexol Ph leather cleaner to remove that greasy, shiny , destructive product off my seats but to no avail, it still shines like the dashboard after cheap carwash!

Have any of you encountered this problem before? If so, how do you remove this product off your seats if possible at all?

I browsed net and saw lots of people complain of similar issue, but I did not find any direct advise how to clean this off the seats. On Meguiar's they have one thread where someone with black leather on motorcycle appears to have encountered a different type of problem (white wax coming off after 6 hours), but in my case I have light colored, beige colored seats and the issue is: the brand new leather looks horrible and TOO SHINY and greasy and I can't get it off now!

I apologize for repeating myself, but that does not express how really frustrated and disappointed I am ! These wipes may have permanently damaged my leather seats and I really need an expert advise how to remove it without causing further damage. As I mentioned above, I have spend an hour trying to clean it off with Lexol leather cleaner, but whatever Meguiar's puts on their wipes the Lexol couldn't remove it!

Please help !
    That worries me. Please, I do not mean to add salt to the wound, what's done is done...but always do a small test spot. It's great advice for any product you are using.

I have zero experience with this product. Let me think what I have used that AGO offers...you could always try removing it with Megs APC+, or a Leathermaster Product. I know LM have a few different types of cleaners.

By any chance do you have a King Ranch Edition pick-up truck? I've seen quite of few people use the wrong stuff on those seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

2013 Acura TSX. Will take pictures and post tomorrow, under the normal daylight conditions.

It shines like a plastic .Neither the cheap-shiny Armorall look nor grease comes off after rubbing it with Lyxol. What can I do to get it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07RS4 View Post
    That worries me. Please, I do not mean to add salt to the wound, what's done is done...but always do a small test spot. It's great advice for any product you are using.

I have zero experience with this product. Let me think what I have used that AGO offers...you could always try removing it with Megs APC+, or a Leathermaster Product. I know LM have a few different types of cleaners.

By any chance do you have a King Ranch Edition pick-up truck? I've seen quite of few people use the wrong stuff on those seats.
    I just couldn't imagine such destructive effect off cleaner-conditioner wipes. If it was aggressive, abrasive product I would be a lot more careful.

Of course I have only myself to blame for buying this product without doing the due research online first (lesson well learned!), but is there any way to remedy this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07RS4 View Post
    thank you for the advise. I will probably pass on Megs leather cleaners or conditioners from now on. I had great experience with their Professional grade car glazes, polishes and waxes , but I will never touch their leather cleaning products again.

Will Leathermaster undo the harm done by Megs?

I would like to note that the real issue is the product itself (not the dirt on my seats, as they are brand new) and I used a "Good" rated leather cleaner from Lyxol with no effect on this grease-shiny look over my seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't panic!

How much did you use and how did you apply it? Have you tried cleaning it off with APC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Don't panic!

How much did you use and how did you apply it? Have you tried cleaning it off with APC?
    The plastic container had 25 moist wipes in it , I used a total of 3, for 2 front seats and bench seat in the back.

I applied it by wiping it on the surface of the seats.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look in your manual for you car you should see a guide for car for the seats. Most cars now are coated leather. I know with my truck the seats were coated and they recommended water and a mild soap to clean them.

I would look first and see what the recommend. If both thing I would try a very light APC mix or a leather cleaner. You don't want to damage the coating on the seat and cause more issues so least aggressive method to get it done.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like
    I would stop with the OTC stuff. I wouldn't use APC, Woolite, or anything not designed specifically for leather. I would use Strong Cleaner by LeatherMasters. If you don't have it, order it. It works well. Use it with a foam applicator. The blue one from Griots work well, but you can even use a grout sponge halved.

That is what I use, and it doesn't damage coated leather.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast