autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

See below, copy pasted from real buyer reviews at Amazon.

Al you need to know about Meguiars Gold Class rich leather cleaner conditioner wipes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showing 1-star reviews

Most Helpful First | Newest First

1.0 out of 5 stars Still trying to clean this off, November 13, 2013
    By
    xx001a45 "xx001a45" (Tampa, FL USA) - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes (Automotive)
    Like some of the others our new car has soft matted leather. These wipes instantly turn the surface into a cheap 80's pleather look. While driving I noticed my spouse had cleaned the car with these slippery wipes. The steering wheel had a residue on the cars interior left it shiny and wet looking. Although the ingredients only list alcohol but there has to be oils and possibly silicone to get this artificial plastic look to it. I've been trying to use slightly soapy dish water along with white vineager to get this off. Unfortunately, it seems fused to the once rough leather making it 'perma shiny'. I never even handled the wipes and my hands have a film of gunk that soap cannot remove.
    Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

1.0 out of 5 stars A Cow's Tongue Is On My Seat, October 3, 2013
    By
    DJ_VDUB - See all my reviews
    I didn't know this product was filled with the saliva of the cow that donated the leather for my car. I used one tongue er um "wipe" on my seat and instantly this gross, greasy, slimy substance covered my seat. Now I have one seat in my car thats all cow-a-fied. Its all slippery and shiny. I don't want to ruin the rest of my seats, I'm really disappointed stay away from these. Terribly disappointing. I'm planning on taking my seat to the butcher shop tomorrow to have the hide removed. I probably should have used grass with this product to soak up all the spit. Maybe thats what I need to do to fix it. I'm going to go rub grass on my seat, I don't want my seat to catch mad cow disease.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Don't buy this crap! This product will ruin your leather goods!, August 16, 2013
    By
    Robert G. Weiniger - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    I've written quite a number of Amazon reviews, most of them positive, preferring not to write negative reviews when at all possible. But I have made exceptions to this general policy when I've encountered a product so odiously bad that I've felt it's my duty to warn others.Regrettably, this product is one of them. I'll make this as brief as I can:
    As several other reviewers have pointed out, if you use this on your leather goods...furniture, car seats, jackets, etc, it will leave them as shiny and slippery as if you'd rubbed baby oil into them. It will ruin your leather goods, so don't buy this crap!
    There...I can't make it any plainer than that!

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Took the Softness and Plushness Out of My Seats, January 17, 2013
    By
    The Fonz - See all my reviews
    This product is easy to apply and is very convenient. That is about all I can say in the pro-column.

My seats now feel like plastic or vinyl. I have the optional soft leather package in my car and the leather now feels like fake garbage from the 80's economy cars. I am so irritated. I think the protective coating it leaves makes for a stiff and slippery seat.

This weekend will be spent doing what I can removing this stuff from the seats. This is the first product from this manufacturer that I have been disappointed in.

Follow Up: I have been able to wash the plastic residue for the most part. My back seats were not treated and are obviously softer and nicer. I'm still irritated. Going with a serious (and much more expensive) leather conditioner to see if I can restore what I had.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Meguiars leather wipes, September 27, 2012
    By
    PGW (Keller, TX) - See all my reviews
    Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    These wipes were a big disappointment. I use their car interior cleaner wipes and they work great on everything from cloth upholstery to leather without streaking. These leather wipes streaked the car leather so bad I could hardly get it off once it dried. In fact, the only thing that would remove the streaks was their cleaner. Live and learn, not all Meguiar is good!
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Wipes went dry almost instantly (the ones in the container)., July 12, 2012
    By
    Trustworthy reviews. - See all my reviews
    Even though I made it a point to properly close the plastic container's lid after I used the wipes, the remaining wipes went dry. The plastic container was kept the entire time inside my air conditioned home so it's not like they went dry due to being left in a hot garage up on some shelf. Now I've got to spend more money and buy more leather cleaning products.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Product, May 3, 2012
    By
    David S. Lott (Beaufort, South Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    It's way too easy to screw up the pull system for the wipes, so either nothing comes out or you get two or three. The top does not go on easily. But that's not the worst part. Using the product leaves the leather glossy and streaky unless you go over it again several times with a cotton cloth while it's still wet. There are many better products out there. I'm throwing the rest of mine away after two tries.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment (1)

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars These are no good, April 27, 2011
    By
    2LTRSCamaro - See all my reviews
    Got these wipes in hopes they would work well on my leather seats. I spent more time wiping off this crap then I did applying it. Looks awful, do not buy do not use.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars 100% disappointed, March 24, 2009
    By
    Dave "Dave" (United States) - See all my reviews
    I didn't expect these wipes to work as well as liquid cleaners and conditioners, but at the same time I didn't expect them to leave the seats feeling a big greasy and make them leather feel harder.

I first used these wipes, but didn't see much effect. I then used a specific product that was a cleaner only, and finished with Lexol to condition it. Made a huge improvement.

Later I used the wipes again, and was disappointed to get a greasy feeling on the seats, as well as the leather somehow feeling harder than when I started.

I'll keep them around until they're gone to wipe up spills or quick spot cleaning, but overall these wipes performed worse than my already limited expectations.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (2)

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Turns leather into shiny sticky vinyl, April 14, 2008
    By
    BB (MN USA) - See all my reviews
    YUCK!

I trusted the brand new leather seats in my MX-5 to this junk. They're now sticky and shiny. Caveat Emptor.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (2)

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Great information

Thanks you for your valuable insight into the intricacies of professional level automotive detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twitch77 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Great information

Thanks you for your valuable insight into the intricacies of professional level automotive detailing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Great information

Thank you for your compliment, but that was not my objective.

My initial goal was to get help removing hideous effects Meguiar's Gold Class rich leather cleaner conditioner wipes had on my brand new leather seats. Later I gave more detailed accounts in response to various posters on this thread.

I shared my opinion as a retail product consumer, not as a professional car detailer.

Best regards,

Carenthusiast

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213