autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    I'm going to go slit my wrists now.

Can someone please count the number of times he's said that in this thread? It would have to be about 10. Seriously....

I suppose if you can't put together a good argument, just keep repeating yourself, right?

Is that how attached or obligated you feel to your employer, Meguiar's, that you want to commit harakiri over critical remarks about their products?
    And if you don't work for Megs why get so hysterical and defensive about it?

I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you stopped making this thread personal and addressed legitimate issues raised by dozens of other extremely disappointed customers instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyle View Post
    are there pics? this would be a much better thread if we could see the effect ourselves.
    As I explained earlier, when I originally posted this thread it was already dark outside and next day after I spend an hour rubbing my seats with Lexol my seats weren't as Armaroll-silicone-shiny as they were when I started this thread.
    Do you want me to post pictures AFTER I cleaned up my seats with Lexol? Or do you want me now to wipe my seats with wet towel and snap a "shiny" picture, misrepresenting the evidence? Or do you want me to apply this silicone grease to my seats again so you can see how much it spoiled the looks of the brand new leather?

But I will post a 'before-after' picture on this thread, may be of old, dull shoes or even leather seats I find in a junk yard , just so everyone who visits this thread has more visible WARNING sign.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
    As I explained earlier, when I originally posted this thread it was already dark outside and next day after I spend an hour rubbing my seats with Lexol my seats weren't as Armaroll-silicone-shiny as they were when I started this thread.
    Do you want me to post pictures AFTER I cleaned up my seats with Lexol? Or do you want me now to wipe my seats with wet towel and snap a "shiny" picture, misrepresenting the evidence? Or do you want me to apply this silicone grease to my seats again so you can see how much it spoiled the looks of the brand new leather?

But I will post a 'before-after' picture on this thread, may be of old, dull shoes or even leather seats I find in a junk yard , just so everyone who visits this thread has more visible WARNING sign.
    its just that you said you spent an hour wiping with lexol "to no avail" so i figured you didnt solve the problem yet. if there still is some of that shine still left then feel free to snap a few pics and show us, shouldnt be too hard. if the shine is gone then this thread's problem is solved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyle View Post
    its just that you said you spent an hour wiping with lexol "to no avail" so i figured you didnt solve the problem yet. if there still is some of that shine still left then feel free to snap a few pics and show us, shouldnt be too hard. if the shine is gone then this thread's problem is solved.
    You are right, after spending about an hour wiping my seats off with Lexol I still had a lot of nasty shine on them. But it already started to fade when I saw my seats next morning and by the end of second day most of the shine was gone, with some of the strongest shine remaining around headrests.

The problem is mostly solved (since I am acting in good faith I can't lie and say that car looks permanently destroyed or that seats shine today as they shone the day I greased them with those wipes) , but it doesn't mean that thread is closed . Members of this forum can (and do) post their opinion even after I thanked everyone for help and shared my optimism that damage doesn't appear to be permanent.
    Now, when thAt happens I also come and post a reply: a natural occurrence, since this is my thread and I have first hand knowledge of what happened to my car seats as a result of using Meguair's Gold Class rich leather cleaner conditioner wipes.

And the biggest problem (beyond my individual experience) is that Meguiar's sells an Armorall-in-disguise , masking it under such phrases as the "Gold Class" , "Rich Leather", "non-greasy formula" and so on. As if Meguiar's was a hoodlum trying to sell you a box full of newspapers , fooling you to take it for an X-Box.
    I think that is the most serious problem.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you ended up having a positive experience with the Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes...I also found them to be terrific!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Glad you ended up having a positive experience with the Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes...I also found them to be terrific!
    Pun intended?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that how attached or obligated you feel to your employer, Meguiar's, that you want to commit harakiri over critical remarks about their products?
    And if you don't work for Megs why get so hysterical and defensive about it?

I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you stopped making this thread personal and addressed legitimate issues raised by dozens of other extremely disappointed customers instead.
    Lol you literally made me laugh.

Over and out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, just Google it, you will see why so many people rate so poorly those wipes.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Pun intended?
    You don't know what a pun is, do you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    You don't know what a pun is, do you?

This thread is not about me, it's about Meguiar's Gold Class rich leather cleaner conditioner wipes.

You don't know that, do you?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast