autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
    The plastic container had 25 moist wipes in it , I used a total of 3, for 2 front seats and bench seat in the back.

I applied it by wiping it on the surface of the seats.
    Oh ok, it was the wipes. Not real clear from your first post.

Never used the wipes before, but I just can't see how they could do any permanent damage... unless it was a bad batch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by 07RS4 View Post
    It doesn't look this bad does it?

I ruined my King Ranch leather seat using Leatherique - any advice?

Here is a search I found, I didn't see anything about the wipes...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-my-seats.html
    No, neither one applies to me.

I didn't scrub my seats with the brush, just gently wiped them. And I didn't see any discoloration after using the cleaner-conditioner. It just shines as if someone applied exorbitant amount of Armorall over the surface of the seats. I used 3 wipes for 2 front seats and the back bench.

The second link you posted is about leather conditioner being applied as a separate product , after using Megs cleaner.

In my case, I used cleaner-conditioner (2 in 1) , and these are wipes, not a spray on product.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
    Someone suggested earlier to take it to professional detailer to steam the seats. I am not sure if I really want to steam them: it does damage the leather and unless benefits outweigh the harm I wouldn't do it. With my seats being brand new I do not think it is the best thing I could do.I have a steamer and I could try it, but only as a last resort.

I thought they were super damaged already. I didn't say to burn them with steam just open the pores so u can wipe out the muck inside em. u always recondition them after so not to sure as to how it will hurt them. Put a towel on the end of the steamer so it sinks in the towel and warms it up. Not steam st8 on the leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Oh ok, it was the wipes. Not real clear from your first post.

Never used the wipes before, but I just can't see how they could do any permanent damage... unless it was a bad batch?
    At first I didn't panic and didn't assume that there was any serious damage. I just noticed that something is wrong about the looks of the leather: it shines too much and it looks like it's 15 years old, like used cars' shiny leather seats, kind you may see in used car dealers' lot.

Then I started Googling "Meguiar's Gold Class Rich leather cleaner-conditioner_________" (filled blank with various key words and phrases suitable to my circumstance) and that's when I started to feel like something terrible may have happened.
    I hope there is no real damage and it would eventually evaporate, but from what I have read so far it does not look like this thing just goes off on its' own. Some people claim that it hardened their brand new, soft seats (I can't say it hardened my seats at this point), but most reported the similar issue I have with it: this greasy, shiny look all over (and even that is not even, but patchy!). And after spending an hour trying to rub it off with Lexol, I started to feel the pain of those who experienced this same issue earlier.

I am hoping that someone will reassure me that there is a way to safely get rid of this hideous look on leather. And those of you who haven't bought or tried this product yet: BEWARE! DO what instructions tell you to do (test in a small, conspicuous area first!) and then decide if it is good for your car. This is my first but very serious disappointment with Megs product. Either they don't know how to make leather cleaners-conditioners or "Gold Class" is just a fishnet to catch silly buyers who are attracted to anything that has "Gold" written on it. I personally didn't buy it because of it's name, but because of it's brand (Megs) , still, I am just as stupid for not doing my due diligence research before buying it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post
    I thought they were super damaged already. I didn't say to burn them with steam just open the pores so u can wipe out the muck inside em. u always recondition them after so not to sure as to how it will hurt them. Put a towel on the end of the steamer so it sinks in the towel and warms it up. Not steam st8 on the leather.
    There are different kinds of damages. To me it is ruined and seriously damaged if brand new leather looks like someone had greased it with Armorall and if I can't get this shine off no matter what I try. This is not the look of a new leather. This is how 15-20 years old, cracked up leather seats look like after used car dealers apply a lot of greasy products on them to make those look "shiny" and "fresh".

Believe me I know how to use the steamer I just hope I don't have to use it at this time.

Thank you for your advise !

Post Thanks / Like

I never saw any pictures posted but it sounds like the "damage" you keep mentioning is just a darkening/glossy effect from the conditioning wipes. Right?

The primary ingredients in this product are mild cleaners, aloe vera gel, "trade secret" conditioners, and some other polymerwhatchamawhoozers. I think if you just use a mild mix of all purpose cleaner or some other dedicated leather cleaner (NOT LEXOL) then you should be able to remove the glossy residue very easily.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used this product at all but you should contact meguiar's. They should be able to assist you. I have only used their gold class leather sealer kit and have nothing bad to say about it. No greasy shine but a natural shine. It comes with a cleaner that works well. It is similar to their dedicated gold class cleaner.

These guys have given you some good suggestions but I would contact megs.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    I never saw any pictures posted but it sounds like the "damage" you keep mentioning is just a darkening/glossy effect from the conditioning wipes. Right?

The primary ingredients in this product are mild cleaners, aloe vera gel, "trade secret" conditioners, and some other polymerwhatchamawhoozers. I think if you just use a mild mix of all purpose cleaner or some other dedicated leather cleaner (NOT LEXOL) then you should be able to remove the glossy residue very easily.

U don't like lexol?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used gold class spray on my Porsche for nearly a year with great results. Goes on shiny and a few hrs later looks just like oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Give Meguiar's a call...1-800-347-5700.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast