autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
    2013 Acura TSX. Will take pictures and post tomorrow, under the normal daylight conditions.

It shines like a plastic .Neither the cheap-shiny Armorall look nor grease comes off after rubbing it with Lyxol. What can I do to get it off?
    Where do you live? Maybe we can help you find a professional that owns a steamer. Steam is good at breaking that stuff up. You should also write to Meguiars about your experience. There might have been a problem with the batch.
    Brian Dubinsky
    ELITE: Luxury Detailing + Paint Protection
    Maryland - Northern VA - DC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help! Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner-conditioner ruined brand new seats !

Quote Originally Posted by artofdetailing View Post
    Where do you live? Maybe we can help you find a professional that owns a steamer. Steam is good at breaking that stuff up. You should also write to Meguiars about your experience. There might have been a problem with the batch.
    Thank you for the advise. I would really prefer not to steam it. I have a steamer of my own but didn't use it because steam does damage the leather (it's like a strong medicine, you don't want to take it unless the benefit of it is greater than the harm). My seats don't have a dirt on them (steam is really good in softening and getting rid of glued over years to the surface dirt/dust/sweat ). All I need is safely remove this Meg stuff off without doing any further damage to the seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question. How does a conditionner damage a seat? Can you post pictures? From what I understand of conditionners, they contain natural oils to replace the ones that evaporates from the leather with time.

Now, if your seats are not porous, the oils should be sitting on top of the seat finish.

Please explain in more détails what damage was done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I would stop with the OTC stuff. I wouldn't use APC, Woolite, or anything not designed specifically for leather. I would use Strong Cleaner by LeatherMasters. If you don't have it, order it. It works well. Use it with a foam applicator. The blue one from Griots work well, but you can even use a grout sponge halved.

That is what I use, and it doesn't damage coated leather.
    I will order and try this stuff.

If anyone had similar experience using megs wipes and then successfully removing them PLEASE share here how you did it.

I am hoping that some of the experts here have dealt with this issue at some point in past and either were able to remedy it or can tell me not to waste any more time on it, if it's now permanently ruined.

P.S. I browsed the net: just on Amazon ,where they also sell it ,there are 10 out of 23 buyer reviews which give this product 1 Star, complaining of the same issue I have experienced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Just a question. How does a conditionner damage a seat? Can you post pictures? From what I understand of conditionners, they contain natural oils to replace the ones that evaporates from the leather with time.

Now, if your seats are not porous, the oils should be sitting on top of the seat finish.

Please explain in more détails what damage was done.
    Calendyr,

The damage is exactly as described in my earlier posts:

1. A brand new, out of factory leather looks like 20 years old used car leather surface with Armorall wiped all over it.
    2. The brand new leather looks horrible: TOO SHINY and greasy and I can't get it off now!
    3. It shines like a plastic. Neither the cheap-shiny Armorall look nor grease comes off after rubbing it with Lyxol. What can I do to get it off?

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Lexol Leather Cleaner has greasy stuff in it. I believe it's glycerin IIR. That's not likely going to help your issue much. Just an FYI anything that is a "wipe" is usually terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You know, Lexol Leather Cleaner has greasy stuff in it. I believe it's glycerin IIR. That's not likely going to help your issue much. Just an FYI anything that is a "wipe" is usually terrible.
    Yes, Lexol does have glycerin. I used it in past on my other car with leather seats and never had this Armorall looking shine after the application.
    But I realize that with the problem I currently have it's not the best product to counter it.

Thanks for your advises. Unless someone can share of specific experience (having the same problem using Megs wipes and then successfully removing it), I think I will go with the route you recommended.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

How about steaming them to open the pores then wipe. maybe some apc diluted and work up the strength if its not up to par. A spinning nylon scrub brush on ur drill bit for added revolution on the apc application.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look this bad does it?

I ruined my King Ranch leather seat using Leatherique - any advice?

Here is a search I found, I didn't see anything about the wipes...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-my-seats.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stilltipping3 View Post
    How about steaming them to open the pores then wipe. maybe some apc diluted and work up the strength if its not up to par. A spinning nylon scrub brush on ur drill bit for added revolution on the apc application.
    Someone suggested earlier to take it to professional detailer to steam the seats. I am not sure if I really want to steam them: it does damage the leather and unless benefits outweigh the harm I wouldn't do it. With my seats being brand new I do not think it is the best thing I could do.I have a steamer and I could try it, but only as a last resort.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast