autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canadian Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Your thread title was clear enough on what the subject was. Other than AG staff of course, it'd be nice if other non-Canadian participation in threads like this was limited to providing "constructive", useful help. Rather than just the bashing and trolling.
    so true! guess you're not suppossed to feed the trolls...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note if Auto Obsessed or eShine do not carry what you want just ask them to bring it in. Both of them have access to our complete line up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Just a note if Auto Obsessed or eShine do not carry what you want just ask them to bring it in. Both of them have access to our complete line up.
    Thanks!
    It's good to see that you're not saying "don't buy from other sources." Because the reality is for Canadians it is just not worth the shopping cost.
    Now if only the Canadian stores carried the entire DP line!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth View Post
    Thanks!
    It's good to see that you're not saying "don't buy from other sources." Because the reality is for Canadians it is just not worth the shopping cost.
    Now if only the Canadian stores carried the entire DP line!!!!
    We always help promote our Canadian guys, they are a great group, and if you want DP just put in a request, you might be surprised!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't personally ordered from autogeek yet so I can't comment on that.

But I usually order from eShine or check out Wisdom Detail. eShine has screwed up a few orders in the past though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another option besides eshine is olde town auto spa. I dealt with Jeff a few times and he is a really nice guy. And he carries somethings that eshine doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    I'm gonna vent here, worst that can happen is that someone actually gets it...

In the past I ordered a couple of gallons of stuff, to get an email saying that an extra 60$ was to be added over the 50$ I already paid for shipping... so right off the bat I learned that shipping to Canada with AG was a pain...

then I realized that the declared value of the items (what I have to pay taxes on when it crosses the border) is not the price I paid, but the regular price... I paid over 75$ in tax on money I didn't even spend! If an order is 100 on sale, but without the sale would be 150, I have to pay taxes on 150, because they declare the value at 150! the reason I was given for this is because of the insurance... nonsense!

well the last straw for me, on my last order I got the email about my order being overweight... 2* 64 ounce bottles and a 20once bottle are now considered oversize, a bit over a gallon is almost 80$ to ship.... when I answered back that the price was steep, I was told that I should try to buy the stuff locally!

I got 2 gallons of liquids from Texas to Ottawa for 35$ a few months ago with USPS, why would I want to pay more than double for half the weight...

at no moment was anybody lacking respect towards me, but I'm really disappointed I bought a gift certificate for this order, and now I have to cancel the order because of the outrageous shipping charges to Canada, it's not like I'm half way around the world!

/end vent
    I had similar issues luckily I'm a dual citizen and resident (they hate that). What I do is ship to a border mail service in upstate NY and drive down to pick it up. As Ottawa is further I'd be willing to order products with you and pick em up (pay me after) and bring them back to Montreal for you where I could ship them to Ottawa or you could drive to pick them up. I already drive down almost monthly to pick up detailing products and car parts so it's not out of my way just doing a fellow detailer a favor (and you'll save some money). I still have to declare most of the products I import as they will be used in Canada so I'm charged 15% tax (no duty's) because they're considered "cleaning products".

PM me if you're interested, offer open to all in the Montreal/Ottawa area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    Yeah thanks

declaring a higher value on a package so their insurance refunds more if the package is lost IMO is not my problem, but I end up paying for it...
    That's an odd practice indeed. When I order detailing products and car parts I typically request a lower value be stated for the products and parts. This way when you declare the value of your goods at the border you pay less.

School of thought: Let's say China makes shocks for $100 each (tops) and then imports them to the US to be resold/rebranded and then sells them for $1000. I would declare $100 because that's the value. Whereas the $1000 is the cost or price tag after taking into account US duties/tax and the other BS that has nothing to do with me importing to Canada or the actual value of the product.

Value and costs are two totally different numbers in my book. Costs is what I paid, value is what I think it's actually worth paying for without socioeconomics (for lack of a better word) at play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Hum... that must have changed since 2013 because the last time I contacted them for some very standard Meguiar's products they did not carry, I was told they did not carry them. They did not offer to get them for me or anything.

My over all experience with Canadian distributors have been awful. None of them carry more than 10% of what Autogeek does. The most common products in the major brands like Meguiar's are never in stock if at all listed on their websites.

I hate the shipping fees like the OP but I have no choice to order from Autogeek in the US, there is just no viable option here in Canada.

I would be overjoyed if a Canadian distributor only carried the full Meguiar's line. Breaks my heart to see 300$ shipping fees on 400-500$ orders from the US. Next year will be even worse because the Canadian dollar took a big drop this year ;(

Has Autogeek thought of opening a Canadian site and warehouse?

Post Thanks / Like

Another option is to purchase others alternative products available local without breaking the bank

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast