autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canadian Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I completely understand that, but taxes and duties are assessed by the government and part of the cost of buying products internationally.
    Yes, and generally speaking we totally accept that. However we expect to pay 6% duty, 5% gst, and x% (PST) on the paid amount of goods bought, not some hypothetical higher number that has nothing to do with Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    And to falsify customs documents is to say the least illegal and not worth jeopardizing their company over.
    Nobody is asking AG to submit declared values lower than paid. But technically speaking, submitting declared values HIGHER than actual paid is also "false".

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    Nobody is asking AG to submit declared values lower than paid. But technically speaking, submitting declared values HIGHER than actual paid is also "false".
    No you were just stating what others have done for you, subliminal message in there.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting on an answer as to why I always get cheaper shipping for heavier bulkier item, except here... Eshine ships free to the usa... so why would AG ship for 50% more than other retailers?

On ebay I can order a set of headlamps for my car, a huge 35lbs / 4cubic feet box for 55$... and yet 12 lbs for about 80$ common!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok just to clear this up, first we will not falsify customs documents to say gift or anything less than the package is, it's not ethical and we will only do it if it is for a replacement order or damaged in transit where you already had to pay it once.

Second I would like to post for all of our Canada members how we get our quotes, this will help you before you order, you can get a quote to see what you might be looking at in fees.

So I am going to use the OP order as an example as this will also help with with his concerns on his fees.

For Canada.... go to www.usps.com, click on calculate a price, select Canada, enter the value (yours $143.16), select package size (yours is Large Package, any dimension over 12inches), put in the weight (yours 19 lbs.), click continue, put in the box size (yours 28x13x13), click continue, click on PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL OPTIONS, you will see there the amount of time in transit and the cost to ship your package. You will notice a $3 difference I believe that is for insurance if I remember correctly.
    Now I am not in charge of international shipping so I had to get some help with his but hopefully I did ok explaining it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    Still waiting on an answer as to why I always get cheaper shipping for heavier bulkier item, except here... Eshine ships free to the usa... so why would AG ship for 50% more than other retailers?

On ebay I can order a set of headlamps for my car, a huge 35lbs / 4cubic feet box for 55$... and yet 12 lbs for about 80$ common!
    Your answer is in my last post, you can plug in any info and get a quote at USPS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    Still waiting on an answer as to why I always get cheaper shipping for heavier bulkier item, except here...
    If you can get exact box dimensions and shipping weight, that would enable you to go to the shipping company's website (in this case, USPS) and run the shipping estimate calcs yourself to check.

* edit * I was typing this before seeing Meghan's reply above.
    Last edited by Inzane; 10-01-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: as noted

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like about $72.00 with usps priority mail international and 6-10 business days if your lucky. And oh by the way, have you ever tried to contact our US postal service when something gets lost or damaged? Good luck with that. And here's another note, once the package has left the shippers dock it's between you and the usps not the shipping company, you have to resolve the issues for damage or loss yourself. All they have to do is show proof of shipment/ ie tracking info. I'll stick with AG and UPS.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

^^ I'm sure UPS is a great option for those living the US. But I imagine the reason AG uses USPS for shipments to Canada is they know as do we that it is usually the cheaper way by far.

UPS, and Fedex (and likely all the private courier businesses) charge insane fees on top of the front end shipping cost, and the required duty & taxes already owing at the back end.

As stated by you and other US forum members, "not your problem", it's ours. We get that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast